No announcement yet.

Buh Bye Hanley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Boston-area sports law attorney clarified: if HRam is traded, then the vesting chance goes to the next team.
    if he is DFA'd and then released, then the Red Sox owe the $15 in salary this year - but the vesting option is gone. sorry HRam!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski and manager Alex Cora each addressed the media today following the team's …
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        A Boston-area sports law attorney clarified: if HRam is traded, then the vesting chance goes to the next team.
        if he is DFA'd and then released, then the Red Sox owe the $15 in salary this year - but the vesting option is gone. sorry HRam!
        And revo answered that above without needing 4 years of pesky law school!

Comment

I’m wondering when Dave Dombrowski lost his guts and managerial skills. Throwing Cora under the bus - even if true - is pretty darn spineless.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I’m wondering when Dave Dombrowski lost his guts and managerial skills. Throwing Cora under the bus - even if true - is pretty darn spineless.
            Yeah, I couldn't agree more...Even if it's true, which I doubt, you really can't make the manager fall on the sword like that. Was Hanley MVP level Hanley anymore? No, but he was good enough to start at 1st or DH damn near every day. And for the manager to suddenly say that he's the weakest link and has to go, well, that can lose the locker room pretty quickly.

It's the GM's job to be the heavy, even if it WAS the manager who wanted him out...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

These vesting options are a nightmare for the end of player's careers. This is a very similar situation to the Blue Jays in 2008 with Frank Thomas. They had an option for like $12 Mil on Thomas' 2009 season (his age 41 season) and it only took 72 AB of 97 OPS+ for them to release him. It's such a bummer to see HOF and potential HOF players treated like garbage in their last couple seasons. Weird to think that if Hanley didn't have the vesting option, he'd still have a job and chance to turn his season around. But he should've looked at the Frank Thomas example. Couldn't have expected he'd fall off the cliff by 34, but I guess you never know.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
              X