Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Opening Day" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I would have stopped at Pierre. I had his 73 SB season in a league where it was (H-K)/AB instead of BA. He won both categories.

That was old Sandbox. For a while I though they would take over. Then they went to pay service and died.

J
    I really like (h-k)/AB leagues, but not as much as (hr-3b-2b+cs)/PA leagues. The former is like checkers, the latter like chess.
    --------------------------------------
    You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
      I really like (h-k)/AB leagues, but not as much as (hr-3b-2b+cs)/PA leagues. The former is like checkers, the latter like chess.
      From a historical perspective, it turns out that CS isn't really very relevant in that formula. The biggest leaders in that "category" are steroid era players, Sosa/McGwire/Bonds, due to the HR numbers. Canseco sneaks into the top tier for his 90 and 98 seasons when he was getting caught stealing quite a bit.

Bobby Bonds had an odd year in '78 with the Rangers where he had more CS (20) than 2B + 3B combined (19).

Stanton, Judge, and Olson led the way last year.

Comment

Hampson to AAA and starts 3 for 5 (again leading off and playing 2B). Alas no SB in his first game.

Comment

Since adding a cutter Jalen Beeks has become a srikeout machine and his 14.2 K/9 ranks second among the minor leagues and tops in all of Triple-A. He also has a greatly improved walk rate. I think he deserves to be on this list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            From a historical perspective, it turns out that CS isn't really very relevant in that formula. The biggest leaders in that "category" are steroid era players, Sosa/McGwire/Bonds, due to the HR numbers. Canseco sneaks into the top tier for his 90 and 98 seasons when he was getting caught stealing quite a bit.

Bobby Bonds had an odd year in '78 with the Rangers where he had more CS (20) than 2B + 3B combined (19).

Stanton, Judge, and Olson led the way last year.
            But you are only looking at the leaders. Think about players like Luis Castillo and Juan Pierre. There were years that they had up to 20 more CS than they did HR ! Looking even further back, Ty Cobb once had almost 40 CS. It was a big part of his valuation.
            --------------------------------------
            You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Hampson to AAA and starts 3 for 5 (again leading off and playing 2B). Alas no SB in his first game.
              From RW today:
              Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post writes that the Rockies calling up infield prospect Garrett Hampson to play second base while DJ LeMahieu (thumb) is out is a "possibility."

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                From RW today:
                Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post writes that the Rockies calling up infield prospect Garrett Hampson to play second base while DJ LeMahieu (thumb) is out is a "possibility."
                I wish the Dodgers were 8 games up on the Rockies instead of the other way around. If that was the case, I would think LeMahieu would be deadline trade bait, but it looks much more likely they keep LeMahieu through the year to maintain their shot at contending. Love having an opening day 2019 starter that retains farm eligibility too though! Just look at how great Lewis Brinson and JP Crawford have been this year... at least with Hampson, 70 grade speed yields a very high floor. 40 SB is worth a gold mine, anything else added to that package is just gravy.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Jose Suarez sure has been dominant, despite being promoted aggressively. K-ing like 40% of the batters he faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Jose Suarez sure has been dominant, despite being promoted aggressively. K-ing like 40% of the batters he faces.
                    I've been reading a lot about Suarez and he seems to belong on this list somewhere, as well as Beeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                      I've been reading a lot about Suarez and he seems to belong on this list somewhere, as well as Beeks.
                      Both have moved way up. Currently in the 200-300 range. IDK, might get on the list later on.

Comment

I suspect when we look back at this at the end of the year, Alex Reyes is going to be the guy who should have been top 5. I know he's treated a little differently since he debuted at the MLB level 2 years ago, but man is that guy dominant.

I think a case can be made that he's potentially an ace at the MLB level for the next few months

Comment

I suspect when we look back at this at the end of the year, Alex Reyes is going to be the guy who should have been top 5. I know he's treated a little differently since he debuted at the MLB level 2 years ago, but man is that guy dominant.

I think a case can be made that he's potentially an ace at the MLB level for the next few months
                          Yeah, he seems as good as ever. If he didn't have TJ surgery, there is no doubt at all he'd have been top 5. But it was reasonable to discount him until he showed he fully recovered. Not everyone does, but it is exciting to see him in top form.

Comment

FYI, I will be posting a new list before the upcoming draft, probably Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              FYI, I will be posting a new list before the upcoming draft, probably Monday morning.
                              Thanks man, they're always a much appreciated resource.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

In case you hadnt heard, he's starting for the Cards on Wednesday. after which he'll likely be ineligible for this list.

Yes, he was a potential ace before the surgery and perhaps is now again. It will be interesting to see how he does this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X