Scott Kingery Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Franco isn't starting for the Phillies anymore so include him"

It appears to me that the team is playing Crawford at 3rd to showcase him. We already know he can play SS at a high level and he is showing his athletic skills can play all over the infield [not 1b so far]. Logic says they will get a 3B [Machado?], plant Kingery at SS [he shows very well there!], Hernandez at 2b and use Crawford as the centerpiece of a trade. Now, if he only hits between now and the trade deadline!
    Franco is left with the option of suddenly starting to hit with consistency or out the door with Crawford. Franco will be a terrific hitter one day should he have that spark ignited. The ball just explodes off his bat when he is not chasing unhittable balls.
    Bearin' up!

Comment

Kingery hasnt shown much at all at the plate but I get giving him regular playing time because of the contract so they obviously believe in him. I dont get giving JP Crawford playing time because the guy may show a good batting eye and good glove but hasnt hit well at any level pretty much ever. While Franco is incredibly frustrating, his bat carries a team at times and I dont believe he is a liablity with the leather and its not like he is old. I really dont get playing Crawford over Franco.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
      X