Judge's freeze list almost due, 12-team 5x5 NL-only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Sorry for my confusion, but Kyle Davies? The old braves pitcher who last pitched in Japan? Or are you guys talking about someone else.
    Zach Davies.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      Zach Davies.
      Makes a little more sense, but even Zach Davies is close to replacement level in a 12 team NL Only, having trouble understanding why there would be so much interest in him.

Comment

his peripherals stink, but he did win 17 games last season. plus his team offense and more importantly defense is improving. HQ has dropped its projection to $3, which is not terribly close to replacement level.

I may be able to flip Ziegler for Davies and then get a Molina 13-0.
        also angling for the 6th minor league pick for Williams, opening a slot for Harper while still only having 4 OF.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Wow, lots of Nick Williams unlove. Was he just overrated as a top-prospect or was his pretty good debut last year just bad?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Wow, lots of Nick Williams unlove. Was he just overrated as a top-prospect or was his pretty good debut last year just bad?
            > 25% K rate suggests that the .288 AVG may not be sustainable, no real game speed to give you steals, HRs are up league wide so the power is average at best.

I don't know that he was every a TOP prospect on the fantasy side (I could be misremembering)

Comment

He's just blocked.

Comment

I thought he was big, in like a George Springer who swung at even more. While he K's way too much (because well, he swings at everything), he makes tons of hard contact. An above-average BABIP is reportedly likely, but not as high as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                  He's just blocked.
                  I thought he was going to play in a 4-3 positions time-share type thing, which usually leads to lots of playing time because it is rare that everyone stays healthy, although Kingery may make this trickier.

EDIT: And he would be the strong side of a platoon with Altherr, although it probably would not be a straight platoon as Herrera would also be involved.

Comment

I thought he was going to play in a 4-3 positions time-share type thing, which usually leads to lots of playing time because it is rare that everyone stays healthy, although Kingery may make this trickier.

EDIT: And he would be the strong side of a platoon with Altherr, although it probably would not be a straight platoon as Herrera would also be involved.
                    Yeah, that may very well be. And while that time-share keeps me moderately interested in the whole bunch, it also keeps me from getting too crazy about any of them. Williams is a fine play for $5, or whatever he has him at. I'm just saying I'm not overly excited.

I still think they all play in PHI, but the situation puts a cap on value. Don't run away, but don't overpay.

Comment

UPDATE with 17 hours to go

leaning toward 10 for 152
                      SP Alex Wood 5-S1
                      RP Corey Knebel 2-S1
                      RP Hector Neris 1-S1
                      C Yadier Molina 13-O
                      1B Anthony Rizzo 42-O
                      OF Bryce Harper 41-O
                      OF Adam Eaton 18-S1
                      OF Adam Duvall 15-L1
                      OF Tommy Pham 10-S1
                      OF Nick Williams 5-S1

other options:
                      SP Kenta Maeda 19-S1
                      C Buster Posey 30-S1
                      2B Howie Kendrick 9-O

I turned Ziegler 10-S1 into Molina 13-O by acquiring and then shipping out Davies 12-S1 today

HQ has my $144 of hitters worth $130, which is ok given that I already would have my two "overpays" in Rizzo and Harper.
                      148 HR
                      62 SB
                      .274 AVG
                      and 7 more hitters to buy

one lean "in" on Williams is that while it makes 5 OFs, we allow trades during the auction. so any OF-shy owner who missed out on a few guys early might be eager to add one mid-auction.
                      I got turned down on an offer of Williams for the 6th pick in the mid-April farm draft, now offering him to the guy who has the 7 pick

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        HQ has my $144 of hitters worth $130, which is ok given that I already would have my two "overpays" in Rizzo and Harper.
                        What do you project inflation to be in this league? Rizzo and Harper are a little high but not a huge overpay.

Comment

with farmhands at 5-S2 until the year after they lose rookie eligibility, it is high, of course.

I expect that about 25 out of maybe 90 freezes will be underpriced farm products at 5-S2, 5-S1, 10-L2, or 15-L2.

the pricing in the auction gets crazier each year, so I dial out of a lot of it beforehand

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I like Maeda. Health challenges but good SP. maybe over Williams?

Comment

fair
                              but no way Maeda clears 19 in the auction
                              with luck, I get for 12

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                fair
                                but no way Maeda clears 19 in the auction
                                with luck, I get for 12
                                Even better! Was tough to evaluate your inflation.

Btw our freeze list is due tomorrow. If you have a minute, please let me know your thoughts. (Recent new post has details)

Comment

Working...
                                X