Keeper Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help Please

Hi all..13 team mixed keeper...I can only keep 5...Thanks in advance...Here are my options:

Goldschmidt $41
    W. Contreras $3
    Didi $2
    Rizzo $34
    Pham $1
    Conforto $1
    Sano $14
    Severino $2
    Nola $8
    Pomeranz $1
    Godley $3
    Villar $1
    Last edited by urch420; 03-14-2018, 03:48 PM.

W. Contreras, Severino, Nola, Pham are my first four. I'd keep Rizzo at 34 as my fifth just because my concern about Goldy and the humidor.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with chancellor at first blush. I love Nola but having a hard keeping him over Goldy.

13 team mixed with only 5 keepers means a lot of talent back in the auction. Probably means a lot of money as well.

I would be looking at all of the other teams and seeing what the top talent's prices are and if they will be kept or not. Depending on that answer would determine if I went with Nola or Goldy.

Comment

Severino and Rizzo are locks
        I'd keep Goldschmidt

Definitely Contreras if it's a 2-catcher. Probably in a 1-catcher league as well.

Personal preference after that. Personally prefer Nola, but no objection to pocketing the $ and keeping Pham
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Goldschmidt $41
          W. Contreras $3

Didi $2
          Rizzo $34
          Pham $1
          Conforto $1
          Sano $14
          Severino $2
          Nola $8

Pomeranz $1
          Godley $3
          Villar $1
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Goldschmidt $41
            W. Contreras $3
            Didi $2
            Rizzo $34
            Pham $1
            Conforto $1
            Sano $14
            Severino $2
            Nola $8

Pomeranz $1
            Godley $3
            Villar $1

Hard to say without knowing what the top guys go for, but if the Goldy's and Rizzos of the world go for around 40, then I would keep these.

Comment

Conforto at $1 is tempting. By all accounts he's ready to come back before May 1.

Comment

Goldschmidt $41
                W. Contreras $3
                Didi $2
                Rizzo $34
                Pham $1
                Conforto $1
                Sano $14
                Severino $2
                Nola $8
                Pomeranz $1
                Godley $3
                Villar $1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I agree with chancellor at first blush. I love Nola but having a hard keeping him over Goldy.

13 team mixed with only 5 keepers means a lot of talent back in the auction. Probably means a lot of money as well.

I would be looking at all of the other teams and seeing what the top talent's prices are and if they will be kept or not. Depending on that answer would determine if I went with Nola or Goldy.
                  Thanks everyone! We don't see the other teams keepers until all of them have been turned in. I think I've settled on Severino, Nola, Contreras, and Pham. Having a tough time deciding between Rizzo(does not 2B eligibility) and Godley(maybe big jump in #'s due to humidor)..What are all your thoughts between just these 2?

Comment

My 2c - 13 team mixed is on the shallower side (say as compared to a 12 team only or a 16 team mixed).

In shallow leagues it's all about the stars. There will be boatloads of talent at the end of the draft/auction that are all similar.

In these leagues the relative value of top end players should be increased. i.e. Keep your stars over a cheap solid option.

Comment

Wouldn’t you keep Godley over Nola given price?

Contreras, Severino, Pham are locks. Period.

Goldschmidt worth considering strongly and I take him over Rizzo.

So for me, Contreras, Severino, Pham, Goldschmidt are my first four. I might even keep Rizzo as your fifth guy. If not, then Godley or Nola; dealer’s choice.

Comment

This is a tough one. In a deeper league, you can choose five from Severino, Contreras, Nola, Pham, Godley, and Didi. But if some of those don't go for much, that is trickier. What do you think a guy like Rizzo goes for at auction? Inflation in this type of league can be tremendous, especially at the top because there are tons of good players in dollar days.

Comment

Has it been established that this is a two catcher league? No way I keep any catcher over some of the other options IF this is a 1 catcher 13 team league. Two catchers, sure, but if one catcher only, give me Rizzo, Pham, severino, nola, godley. If it is a two catcher league, keep Contreras over Rizzo.

The go with the Stars argument for keeping Goldy or Rizzo over Godley is sound but I just see more profit with Godley, and you may get Goldy back cheaper with all of the humidor buzz. Same humidor might inflate Godley's price. I think the pair will cost you less by keeping Godley and tossing Goldy in the auction. Same for Godley and Rizzo, maybe. That is a closer call, depending on league and auction dynamics.
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-14-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            Wouldn’t you keep Godley over Nola given price?

Personally for me Nola is far more than $5 over Goldley, especially in a 13 mixer

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Personally for me Nola is far more than $5 over Goldley, especially in a 13 mixer
                              Yep, Nola is far more than $5 in any money format.

Even more valuable (as Ken stated) in 13 team mixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X