2K18 - Increased Playing Time Breakouts - HITTERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    In terms of production I have to say he is a bust for the amount of money being paid to him.
    You obviously aren't taking into account his amazing oratory skills.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      You obviously aren't taking into account his amazing oratory skills.
      The price for winning the WS. Couldn't they have hired Pacino for that? He could have given a baseball version of his "inches" speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Not sure what this one means, he has struggled with his BA. Can you expand on what you mean by he "always has" with regards to his average?
        He has shown the ability to hit over .300 in the minors. He is only 24. I have no doubt he will get this figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          He has shown the ability to hit over .300 in the minors. He is only 24. I have no doubt he will get this figured out.
          You may be right.

I wonder how many times that has been said about a guy based on his minor league numbers though.

Comment

I don't think I'd endorse him, but Steamer has Chester Cuthbert with some value should he get ABs.

Comment

Yeah, wow, he'll play more, but I have no idea if that hurts your team or helps it.

Comment

I don't think I'd endorse him, but Steamer has Chester Cuthbert with some value should he get ABs.
                That's a valid challenge, and I should have at least put him on the list, but I agree with Cavebird - I'd have put him in the category of "ABs I don't want".
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

terrific work...thanks!

Comment

From RotoWorld:

Royals manager Ned Yost said he's hoping to get 500-plus at-bats for Jorge Soler, Cheslor Cuthbert, and Jorge Bonifacio in 2018.

The rebuilding club wants to see what they have with all three. Soler carries the most name recognition, but he's coming off a rough first season with the Royals where he batted .144/.245/.258 over 110 plate appearances. However, the opportunity will be there in 2018 and he worked hard over the winter while losing 20 pounds. Yost sees Soler getting at-bats out of the DH spot and the corner outfield spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      From RotoWorld:

Royals manager Ned Yost said he's hoping to get 500-plus at-bats for Jorge Soler, Cheslor Cuthbert, and Jorge Bonifacio in 2018.

The rebuilding club wants to see what they have with all three. Soler carries the most name recognition, but he's coming off a rough first season with the Royals where he batted .144/.245/.258 over 110 plate appearances. However, the opportunity will be there in 2018 and he worked hard over the winter while losing 20 pounds. Yost sees Soler getting at-bats out of the DH spot and the corner outfield spots.
                      I've been touting Soler getting an opportunity to succeed for the last couple of weeks. He seems totally off most people's radar, but I will be watching him this spring. He is a very low risk ($1 player, last round pick) guy with significant upside. If he fails, and he may very well fail, it won't be for lack of a chance to succeed. KC wants to give him a chance to show fans he wasn't a useless get for Davis. Any success he has provides some vindication for management, so I think they legit want to give him 500 ABs, unless he totally tanks.

Bonifacio is the safer pick, but will cost more to get, and he has less upside.

Comment

Carlos Gomez signed with TB. If his ankle problems are fixed, he should be the other corner OF to Mallex Smith (with Keirmeier, that's three guys that can run and catch).

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Carlos Gomez signed with TB. If his ankle problems are fixed, he should be the other corner OF to Mallex Smith (with Keirmeier, that's three guys that can run and catch).

J
                          Unfortunately don't forget Span

Comment

Unfortunately don't forget Span
                            Duly noted, though I think Span is reason they signed someone off the wire.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Duly noted, though I think Span is reason they signed someone off the wire.

J
                              Not fully following you. You think the Rays traded for Denard Span this offseason to incentize themselves to sign Carlos Gomez as well?

Comment

Not fully following you. You think the Rays traded for Denard Span this offseason to incentize themselves to sign Carlos Gomez as well?
                                For some reason I couldn't explain, I heard Span is to get most of his at-bats from DH.

Comment

Working...
                                X