2018 Mixed LABR draft is tonight (2/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
    Gordon is also changing both position , team and league , and I feel his value must be discounted somewhat as some players do not adapt well to new environments.
    Narrative that's never been proven. Other players thrive.

The truth is, neither is likely the case -- it's all normal performance variance.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      This is what came to mind when I saw Turner at #4. Yes, Turner is unquestionably a first round talent, but I would rather have all these guys, along with Betts and Goldy and Blackmon ahead of him (maybe Harper too), and thats not even factoring in the pitchers. I just think Turner at #4 is a reach, which was the point I guess
      No, the point is it ISN'T a reach. It's a viable option some choose to bypass.

Comment

Todd, is this BA or OBP?

Comment

LABR is standard 5x5 with BAvg

Tout Wars has gone to the dark side with OBP

Comment

when is the a.l. version?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              when is the a.l. version?
              Those are the weekend of March 3rd & 4th for AL & NL

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                Narrative that's never been proven. Other players thrive.

The truth is, neither is likely the case -- it's all normal performance variance.
                There's no proof for this statement either.

Comment

Generally the onus is to prove the positive rather than the lack of a correlation.

Do you have data suggesting there's any reason to adjust Gordon's projections outside of anecdotal evidence?

Comment

I apologize, poorly worded on my end.

Better said -- big picture, it's been shown there's no net effect. Chances are, on the individual level, some thrive, some flounder. There's no way to distinguish those from variance.

Comment

I apologize, poorly worded on my end.

Better said -- big picture, it's been shown there's no net effect. Chances are, on the individual level, some thrive, some flounder. There's no way to distinguish those from variance.
                      That I agree with. I'm only saying that change adds to the risk not that Gordon will be effected positively or negatively.

Comment

That I agree with. I'm only saying that change adds to the risk not that Gordon will be effected positively or negatively.
                        You said he should be discounted due to the risk. That only accounts for the chance he struggles. There's also a chance he thrives playing for a team competing, with a fan base rooting for the team. I see the risks balancing.

Comment

I am surprised by the number of minor leaguers that seem to have as poor chance of playing much this year get taken in a redraft league.

Comment

You said he should be discounted due to the risk. That only accounts for the chance he struggles. There's also a chance he thrives playing for a team competing, with a fan base rooting for the team. I see the risks balancing.
                            As a Marlin fan I must tell you that he's coming from a place with a fan base rooting for the team. There aren't many of us but we do exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I am surprised by the number of minor leaguers that seem to have as poor chance of playing much this year get taken in a redraft league.
                              We have a separate DL, so stashing a minor leaguer is much easier, since you're not burning a reserve spot like in some leagues.

Comment

We have a separate DL, so stashing a minor leaguer is much easier, since you're not burning a reserve spot like in some leagues.
                                So, minor leaguers count as DLed players? Or do you mean that since you have a DL, you don't have to worry about using a reserve spot on a minor leaguer, since you won't need reserve spots for DLed players? The former would totally explain all the prospects taken. If it is the latter, I still probably would have preferred to have active players I could switch in based on match ups over some of the minor leaguers taken, namely the ones that seem like September call ups rather than early season call ups. I do like your Mahle pick. He should be in the majors for the majority of the year, and should be a solid pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X