Crappy Keeper List...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    I disagree with the others on Ramos. Yeah, his OBP isn't good. But even in a 1-catcher 18-team league, I don't see how you find a catcher for $3 who could well give you 60-20-70. It's pretty close to saying you'd throw in a $3 Sal Perez.
    Let's not get crazy here. There's a big gap between Ramos and Perez. Ramos has had one good year (2016, when his BABIP was much higher than his career average), one decent year (2013, though not great for fantasy), and a couple of mediocre to bad years.

If you lazily take last year and double it, you get .290-38-22-70-0. He hits low in the order and has a bad OBP and can't run so his runs total is always absurdly low. I'm not saying that's terrible, but it's not good enough that I'd keep him if I had anyone else of value to keep in that slot; I'd rather see if James McCann or Tyler Flowers or Jason Castro or someone gets lucky this year for a dollar. I mean, there are going to be about 12 unowned starting catchers, I don't have to commit.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
    X