2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    And the Twins' opening day save goes to.... Taylor Rogers.

And the Red Sox opening day save goes to... nobody, because they got smoked by the unstoppable Mariners.
    As a Rogers $1 owner I would love to think this will be the norm but probably just evidence that Minnesota will mix and match. With Rogers being a lefty I do think he’s in line for the occasional save especially with that dominant outing but Trevor May is no slouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Oh, and Hader got a 2 inning save for the Brewers.
      Lorenzo Cain should get that save for robbing Jose Martinez of a game tying home run on the last play of the game.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Meanwhile, Wily Peralta and Jake Diekman managed to cough up a one-out save opportunity for Boxberger. Each of those three guys got one out.

Comment

• Corey Knebel will decide tomorrow whether or not to get Tommy John surgery. He has been pitching with a slight tear of the UCL in his right elbow for the last four years and it got worse this year during spring training.

Jeremy Jefress (shoulder) is due back around mid-April. So, it looks like Hader will get save opportunities for a few more weeks.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Hader will be used pretty much the same as last year, I suspect - like his 2-IP SV yesterday.
            I would expect someone else - Albers? - to get the next 1-IP SV opp. That's how Counsell rolls.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Hader will be used pretty much the same as last year, I suspect - like his 2-IP SV yesterday.
              I would expect someone else - Albers? - to get the next 1-IP SV opp. That's how Counsell rolls.
              Counsell had better options to "roll" with last season. This year looks to be different.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Knebel TJ surgery

Comment

• yeah, I put a bullet in his skull on Wednesday at 2-O and then submitted my keeper list.

#whathaveyoudoneformelately

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• whoops, Albers on in the 4th inning of a 3-3 game vs Cardinals on MLB Network. so cross him off

Brewers trail 5-4 thru 6 innings
                    and here comes Barnes
                    so he's not the mystery closer guy tonight, either
                    Last edited by Judge Jude; 03-29-2019, 09:53 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Matt Barnes looked great getting his 1st save 1-2-3 with 2 Ks.
                      Last edited by DMT; 03-30-2019, 01:04 PM.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Barnes looked great getting his 1st save 1-2-3 with 2 Ks.
                        Same line for Holland getting his first save last night.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Hunter Strickland going for a MRI after blowing a save last night (tight shoulder) leaving some guys named Matt Festa and Corey Gearrin at the top of the Mariners chart.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Barnes looked great getting his 1st save 1-2-3 with 2 Ks.
                            to clarify, J Barnes got hammered for the Brewers in turning a 5-4 7th inning deficit into 8-4

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Aroldis Chapman's fastball is down 6 mph from just 3 years ago and is averaging a very un-Chapman like 95.1 mph.

Brooksbaseball-Chart.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                to clarify, J Barnes got hammered for the Brewers in turning a 5-4 7th inning deficit into 8-4
                                Fixed...
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X