2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I usually try to save at least $10-$20 for September. Best keeper action is in September as the contenders either dont have roster space for keeper flyers or the teams out of it have stopped paying attention.
    I agree, it is always useful to keep a few bucks for the end.

Comment

I usually try to save at least $10-$20 for September. Best keeper action is in September as the contenders either dont have roster space for keeper flyers or the teams out of it have stopped paying attention.
      Excellent strategy. Last season I was able to get Buehler for $3. Just pick-up Hampson for $1. No help for this season but next season he might get the starting 2B job.

Comment

• Arizona's bullpen implosion continues. Yoshihisa Hirano blew the save for the staggering Diamondbacks last night, surrendering a two-run walk-off bomb to DJ LeMahieu in a huge game at Coors. Next up?
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          Arizona's bullpen implosion continues. Yoshihisa Hirano blew the save for the staggering Diamondbacks last night, surrendering a two-run walk-off bomb to DJ LeMahieu in a huge game at Coors. Next up?
          Paging Brad Ziegler. Paging Brad Ziegler. He's been very good for over a month now, and he's a veteran with closing experience. Bradley has the better arm and stuff, but I'd take a shot at a "been there/done that" option first.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Paging Brad Ziegler. Paging Brad Ziegler. He's been very good for over a month now, and he's a veteran with closing experience. Bradley has the better arm and stuff, but I'd take a shot at a "been there/done that" option first.
            Good call. The Rockies just torched Diekman, Boxberger, and Chafin for five runs in the 7th after the D-Backs had drawn within two.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• And Pedro Strop smoked his hammy. If you need emergency saves, Edwards and/or Cishek should be next up.

And, yes, Strop owners, Joe Maddon DID let him hit for himself in the top of the tenth....
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                And Pedro Strop smoked his hammy. If you need emergency saves, Edwards and/or Cishek should be next up.

And, yes, Strop owners, Joe Maddon DID let him hit for himself in the top of the tenth....
                Ive come to the conclusion that Maddon prefers a sharp stick in the eye vs. letting Edwards even sniff a save opp

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  well, you nailed it that Neshek is the No 2 choice - not obvious to all
                  UPDATE from AUG 25: Neshek his 5th SV tonight in 5-4 win. go get him - maybe even for next year, too (2-year contract)

Seranthony has tossed 1 (awful) IP in a week (in a loss on Tuesday)
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Anyone manage to snag the latest Angel's closer Ty Buttrey? I got him for $3 after noticing him pick up a save on the weekend. Tonight he came into a 1-0 lead over Texas in the 8th with 2 out and runners 1st and 3rd. Gets Profar to ground out. Then in the 9th he gets 3 more groundouts: Andrus, Mazara, Beltre to lock down save #2. Fastball 95-97, Slider and change up mixed in.

He's a fun lottery ticket if he can solidify his closer chops over the next 3 weeks. But you probably had to snag him a few days ago to get him cheap.
                    Last night, Buttrey grabbed save #3, with 1 IP, 3 K's. Lining up to close in 2019. K/BB is at 16/4 in 13.2 IP.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Sergio Romo gives up a grand slam to Khris Davis Sunday and gets the save for the Rays lol.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Sergio Romo gives up a grand slam to Khris Davis Sunday and gets the save for the Rays lol.
                        another reason why I love that stat. you would think that a drunk sportswriter made up the rules!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• I dropped Sergio Romo since he wasn't pitching at all and Alvarado was getting all of the save opps. And Rays manager Kevin Cash gave no explanation why. So, i assumed that the free-agent-to-be Romo was being phased out of the closer role. Now Romo has 3 saves in 3 days. Did i tell you how much i hate Kevin Cash?
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Phillies 4-4 in 7th, go with Hunter who gives up a run.
                            down 5-4 in 8th, Seranthony scoreless.
                            down 5-4 in 9th, Neris gets smoked for 3 ER.

if you need SV and you can add Neshek tomorrow, do it yesterday.
                            out of it in NL-only? if you get can Neshek on a 10-S2 contract as a cheap 2019 flier, do so. Kapler loves him.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Josh Hader has 20 K's over his last 7.1 IP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Neshek spit the bit with a 4-1 lead in the 7th tonight, blowing a lead for Seranthony who pitched the 6th (!).

Gabe Kapler and really all the PHI RPs need a hug. his desperation to be the center of attention is a cry for help.

my other main bullpen this year was MIL, and Counsell has been masterful. yes, even with Hader, who I have never owned.

it's the difference between a failing clown and a maestro. PHI might have made the playoffs if they had a different manager.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X