2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Yup, that's why I had the caveat above of "if" he isn't traded today.

It's interesting this year how many relievers are available. It seems like there are more targets than spots for them to go. So while, Greene, Diekman, Romo, Parker etc (previously would have said Ziegler, Britton, others) all would be traded ideally (for their respective teams), there may not be enough room for all of them on contenders.
    BOOM

@Ken_Rosenthal
    Diekman headed to #DBacks, sources confirm to The Athletic. @Jcrasnick first.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

• Remaining current #1 closers who are reportedly on the block/would make sense for teams to deal/teams have shown to be sellers:

RODNEY
      ROMO
      GREENE
      BEAR CLAW

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
        Remaining current #1 closers who are reportedly on the block/would make sense for teams to deal/teams have shown to be sellers:

RODNEY
        ROMO
        GREENE
        BEAR CLAW
        You missed Bud Norris

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          You missed Bud Norris
          Ha yup, and I own him! Can you say denial? 😁

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Ha yup, and I own him! Can you say denial? ��
            Doesnt matter as none of them got moved (thank goodness, I had a vested interest in seeing Norris and Bearclaw keep their roles).

Comment

Doesnt matter as none of them got moved (thank goodness, I had a vested interest in seeing Norris and Bearclaw keep their roles).
              *High Five*

I had BearClaw, Greene, and Romo in multiple leagues.

I like to live dangerously

Comment

So, as dust settles across MLB bullpens, here's the good for me:
                Bet on Kela and Diekman being moved, stashed LeClerc.
                Bet on Britton/Brach/O'Day being moved, stashed Givens.
                Rolled dice on Norris staying put. That was a close one. I still think they transition to Hicks, however.
                Stashed Osuna hoping he got traded, or Oh/others got traded.
                Now have W.Davis, Allen, Strop/Morrow, Norris, LeClerc, Givens, Osuna at closer. Trade bait aplenty.

The meh:
                Stashed Stammen hoping Yates gets moved.

All in all, some decent spec work, now will try to make a deal or two to guys who got hosed on their current/spec closers last few weeks, like Familia, Kela, Britton, Hicks, Steckenrider, Jimenez, Soria, potentially H.Rondon, Hand...

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Keep an eye on Cody Carroll in Baltimore...he got called up today and I can totally see him getting their 3 or 4 saves the rest of the way, especially considering how bad givens has been

Comment

• Sitting with a massive lead in my AL Only, and Diaz & Treinan, it's allowed me to speculate on stashing D. Castillo, LeClerc & Paul Fry to cheap contracts over the last two weeks. Fingers crossed that I strike gold on one of them for '19.
                    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                      Sitting with a massive lead in my AL Only, and Diaz & Treinan, it's allowed me to speculate on stashing D. Castillo, LeClerc & Paul Fry to cheap contracts over the last two weeks. Fingers crossed that I strike gold on one of them for '19.
                      LeClerc seems like a good bet for '19

Comment

• Another disastrous outing for BearClaw tonite. 0.2 IP and 2H, 2BB, 4ER and a BS (walkoff HR to Maikel Franco). Over the past 2 weeks his line is: 4.1 IP, 10H, 11ER, 3BB, 4K, 2HR, 1SV, 2BS, 3.00WHIP and 22.86ERA. Time to try Steckenrider?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          Another disastrous outing for BearClaw tonite. 0.2 IP and 2H, 2BB, 4ER and a BS (walkoff HR to Maikel Franco). Over the past 2 weeks his line is: 4.1 IP, 10H, 11ER, 3BB, 4K, 2HR, 1SV, 2BS, 3.00WHIP and 22.86ERA. Time to try Steckenrider?
                          Just insert the name Wade Davis above and it’s pretty much the same story 🤮

C- J.McCann
                          1B-Cron
                          2B- Villar
                          SS- Andrus
                          3B-Baez
                          MI-L. Gurriel
                          CI- Y.Gurriel
                          UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Just insert the name Wade Davis above and it’s pretty much the same story ��
                            Yeah, I think that they have to go to Ottavino at this point, Davis has been terrible. I really didn't understand that signing for so much money when they had better candidates already locked up in their own bullpen.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Yeah, I think that they have to go to Ottavino at this point, Davis has been terrible. I really didn't understand that signing for so much money when they had better candidates already locked up in their own bullpen.
                              I have both players and wishing that Ottavino would take over as closer. Every time Davis goes in the prayers start.

Last 25.7 IP 21 H 20 ER 4 HR 15 BB 28 K 2 HBP 4 WP 1-5 W-L 14 SV 4 BS 7.01 ERA 1.4 WHIP

He has had 5 appearances this season where he has given up between 2-5 ER or better put 3.7 IP 17 ER 8 BB 4 HR. This coming from a decrease in his velocity. In other words he is unable to blow hitters away. An example was last night he faced Schoop. What you saw was that Schoop pop out but he actually had a 7 pitch AB where 1st two were strikes then the next 4 were foul off before he pop out on Davis 25th pitch of the inning. Then Thames came up and finished him off. The pitch that Thames hit was a 4 seam 93 mph fastball. In all the previous pitches Davis threw with that pitch was mostly 95 2-3 at 94. The HR pitch was 93 right placed perfectly for Thames. Getting back-to-back blown saves is demoralizing to a team. Black stated Davis is still his guy and didn't hesitate to say otherwise, To me that the $52 million contract talking.

Comment

• Corey Knebel in the 8th inning again tonight? i realize the other day it was a tie game but i'm worried. heh

Comment

Working...
                                X