No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claw is f*cked. Mattingly "nom-committal" which usually means the next day, a change is announced, i.e. the proverbial "give him lower leverage situations to clear his head" bit.

Steckenrider, with outside shot of Conley, get ready....
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

• For 2019:

Hader
      Bradley
      Wahl
      Hicks

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
        For 2019:

Hader
        Bradley
        Wahl
        Hicks
        I can't imagine Hader not being moved into the rotation next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          I can't imagine Hader not being moved into the rotation next year.
          I think you're right, but he's been so incredibly valuable in the role he has today, I'd not be entirely surprised if the team does not change his role.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see the career paths evolve for guys like Hader and Bradley. They're basically Brad Lidge types.

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
              Claw is f*cked. Mattingly "nom-committal" which usually means the next day, a change is announced, i.e. the proverbial "give him lower leverage situations to clear his head" bit.

Steckenrider, with outside shot of Conley, get ready....
              Steckenrider to lead committee

http://closermonkey.com/test/2018/08...m_medium=email

Comment

• I don't get the Wahl love...guy has had a cup of coffee in the bigs and he's the next big thing? 26 year old guy who's basically never done anything out of the ordinary...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• the Mets are the kind of franchise that would give a marginal player an undeserved chance just to justify a trade of a guy like Familia.

that said, Wahl pitched in the 4th inning of a losing game tonight - early usage not encouraging for those who want to build a Wahl into a closer.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• RWORLD:
                    Kelvin Herrera will undergo an MRI on his right shoulder Wednesday morning.
                    Herrera was lifted from a ninth-inning appearance in the second half of Tuesday's doubleheader against the Braves after experiencing tightness in his throwing shoulder. Ryan Madson could slide into the closer role for the Nationals with Sean Doolittle still rehabbing a stress reaction in his left foot. Scoop him up now in fantasy leagues.

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Greg Holland with a scoreless inning and 3 K's in his Washington debut. Who feels lucky enough to pick him up off the wire?
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tepera and Giles both with disastrous outings tonite. Jays' pen situation continues to be a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          Tepera and Giles both with disastrous outings tonite. Jays' pen situation continues to be a mess.
                          I don't know if it's good news or bad, but I expect the Jays to keep marching Giles out there in the 9th until he straightens things out. The season is lost, it's more important that he gets some confidence back.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaand scene:

Nationals placed RHP Kelvin Herrera on the 10-day disabled list with a right rotator cuff impingement.
                            Herrera suffered the injury in a ninth-inning appearance Tuesday night against the Braves and is probably looking at a lengthy absence -- much longer than 10 days. Ryan Madson figures to handle the majority of save chances for the Nationals going forward, as Sean Doolittle is still rehabbing a foot injury and Brandon Kintzer and Shawn Kelley are pitching for other teams.

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                              Aaaaaaaaand scene:

Nationals placed RHP Kelvin Herrera on the 10-day disabled list with a right rotator cuff impingement.
                              Herrera suffered the injury in a ninth-inning appearance Tuesday night against the Braves and is probably looking at a lengthy absence -- much longer than 10 days. Ryan Madson figures to handle the majority of save chances for the Nationals going forward, as Sean Doolittle is still rehabbing a foot injury and Brandon Kintzer and Shawn Kelley are pitching for other teams.
                              What are the chances Glover gets into the mix?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• CLOSER MONKEY:
                                Washington Nationals — Dave Martinez confirmed that it’ll be Ryan Madson getting the ninth inning with Kelvin Herrera on the shelf. Justin Miller and Koda Glover will split the set-up role, with Greg Holland lurking as another potential high-leverage option, if he can figure things out. Meanwhile, Sean Doolittle (stress reaction in left foot) has been cleared to throw on flat ground, but is trying not to rush back too soon.

Updated hierarchy: Madson | Miller | Glover.

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                                X