Peralta. Quote added to OP.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Peralta. Quote added to OP.
      Someone beat me to him last night. Who are the top spec guys out there right now either due to potential trade or performance? I'll throw out a couple:

SF: Maronta and Watson. Dyson not getting it done. (Assume Melancon is owned in most leagues)
      SD: Yates? Hand could be dealt. (See what I did there?)
      NYM: Swarzak/Gsellman.
      MIA: Steckenrider. He's super cheap and Claw could be dealt?
      BAL: Givens? Britton and Brach both trade candidates.
      CHW: Fry? Soria has been mostly good, could see Sox trading him.
      TEX: Martin? Kela and Diekman both trade candidates?
      TB: Roe or Alvarado? Maybe they move Romo?

Anyone else?
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
        Someone beat me to him last night. Who are the top spec guys out there right now either due to potential trade or performance? Anyone else?
        DET Joe Jimenez is a guy I'm holding.

Comment

Someone beat me to him last night. Who are the top spec guys out there right now either due to potential trade or performance? I'll throw out a couple:

SF: Maronta and Watson. Dyson not getting it done. (Assume Melancon is owned in most leagues)

Anyone else?
          Was a big yes at start of season for Givens but has been average at best.

Comment

• If the A's trade Treinen, which I don't think is particularly likely but could happen, maybe Trivino.

I wouldn't waste my time guessing at SF. They have four reasonable candidates and Strickland will be back in August.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Tor - who the hell knows. There is some rumoring going on up here that if Tepera has any value at all he could be gone (i.e. to a team that doesn't want to invest in a Treinen or Kela or Ottavino or ...). In that case, it's looking really ugly ... but if someone's desperate for saves, maybe Oh? or Clippard?
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Anyone else?
                If Kela gets dealt, I like Leclerc to possibly take over. He's been awesome, taming some of his BB issues while maintaining strong dominance indicators. Getting lots of 8th innings ahead of Kela saves.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Man, I hate how common it has gotten for closers to get dealt. I have great, cheap closers right now in Kela and Barraclough, and it looks like I might lose them both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Man, I hate how common it has gotten for closers to get dealt. I have great, cheap closers right now in Kela and Barraclough, and it looks like I might lose them both.
                    I have Kela and Steckenrider so you wont lose both of your guys but that makes Kela a goner though

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      I have Kela and Steckenrider so you wont lose both of your guys but that makes Kela a goner though
                      I also have Hand. It will be brutal if I lose all three.

Comment

I also have Hand.
                        wait, are you George Costanza?
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• With the Rays up by a run, Romo gets the first two outs in the 9th and then gets the quick hook after he gives up a single. Then Alvarado comes in for the one out vulture save. I know Romo's only blown save the past month was against these same Astros, but geez does this mean he no longer gets to close against Houston?

Signed,
                          disappointed Romo owner
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I also have Hand. It will be brutal if I lose all three.
                            yep got him too

Comment

• Looks like Mark Melancon might be a good preemptive pick up long term with Dyson blowing chunks.

From Closer Monkey:

"San Francisco Giants – Sam Dyson’s stint as Giants closer may be nearing an end. After allowing the tying and go-ahead runs last night, he’s now got four blown saves and has allowed 6 runs in his last 4.2 IP. Mark Melancon got the 8th inning hold and might get the next opportunity, if Bruce Bochy deems him ready."

Comment

• Don't count out Smith he has been the most dominant. There has only given up runs 2 games this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X