2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did Melancon go for?
    he went for 9 in my NL-only 12-team 5x5.

I didn't really have the units nor the need, but I couldn't even guess for a price on him (and now it looks a bit worse for him)
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I don't see how you figure that...he's been snapped up in every league that I'm aware of, and most people think that Melancon is probably out for the long term.
      I think some still think Melancon is coming back and Strickland is “unproven”. Your mileage may vary, of course. I was just suggesting that the window is closing fast. And it’s Strickland, not Dyson or someone else.

Comment

• geesh

the Brewers don't want to make Josh "Bugs Bunny" Hader their closer, and if Knebel is back by June 1, I kind of get it.

but he crushed the first 5 Mets tonight with K K K K K - and then a fly-out - for a 2-inning domination in a 5-1 win. check out his K rate so far this season. if your mixed league is shallow enough....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          geesh

the Brewers don't want to make Josh "Bugs Bunny" Hader their closer, and if Knebel is back by June 1, I kind of get it.

but he crushed the first 5 Mets tonight with K K K K K - and then a fly-out - for a 2-inning domination in a 5-1 win. check out his K rate so far this season. if your mixed league is shallow enough....
          Yep, I grabbed him in my 12-team mixed at $2 and hopefully the Brewers wake up and maximize their usage of him.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

geesh

Hader is quickly starting to look like one of the top 5 most dominant RP's in MLB right now.

His line so far is absurd: 9.2 IP, 2 H, 3 BB, 22 K.

22 of his 29 outs via K. Insanity.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Another dominant save for Hand tonite. 4-out save to protect a 1-run led. Struck out all 4 batters.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Another dominant save for Hand tonite. 4-out save to protect a 1-run led. Struck out all 4 batters.
                Last 4 appearances: 4 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 7 K, perfect 4/4 saves... love to see this with Kirby Yates on the DL too, re-taking his stranglehold on the job.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Middleton with Sv #4 last night (and 3rd in 4 days), so it seems pretty clear he's the guy until he's not the guy.

Comment

geesh

And the frightening part - for hitters, at least - his slider wasn't even that good last night.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Albers pitched the bottom of the 9th in a 2-2 game, which raises a little doubt about him as "the closer."
                      of course, the 2-out walkoff HR by Flores raises a little more...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Victor Arano has a 0.00 ERA and 0.000 WHIP in 7.3 IP for the Phillies so far. that seems potentially useful

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Hader with another 2-IP SV for MIL
                          allowed a 2B with 2 outs in the 9th in a 2-0 game
                          29 pitches

interesting approach

nice win, but I assume he's out tomorrow night - when maybe another RP could have pitched a respectable 8th tonight and at least hold the lead for Hader's 9th

I guess the gamble is you won't be up exactly 1 run late tomorrow night - which, maybe that's likely in reality. so why not

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• what a night

Jansen comes on with a 3-1 lead, allows a leadoff HR to Hosmer
                            K, fly out
                            then walks the unwalkable Franchy Cordero
                            then allows a SB while up 3-2
                            then a balk
                            then Headley - 1 for 26 with 13 K this year - doubles to tie it and sorry, Alex Wood no W for you

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• In the STL/CHC game, Holland came in to start the 8th with a 5-1 lead. Walk Schwarber, HR Baez, walk Russell, and he got pulled. Lyons got one out and then Norris got the last five with a single and three strikeouts.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Devenski gets the save opp again tonite and comes thru w a scoreless inning w a K and a H. I know Hinch wont say it but is this the changing of the guard?

Comment

Working...
                                X