No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenyan Middleton finished off the Angels' 13-9 win with a scoreless ninth Friday against the A's.
    Middleton was expected to get a save chance, but the Angels scored in the bottom of the eighth to up their lead to four runs. Consider him the clear favorite for saves in Anaheim at the moment. Apr 7 - 1:56 AM

Comment

• Barnes gets the first save opp and blows it, although the defense played a large part in it.

Comment

• yes, Brewers led 2-1 entering the 9th and JJ Hoover finished (ok, only after the Brewers fell behind 5-2).

the next hard-hit ball the Cubs hit in that inning would have been their first. you can get Barnes for a song in all leagues drafting tomorrow (like mine)
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• And another save for Peacock.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            And another save for Peacock.
            This is his first. He does look great in the bullpen though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              This is his first. He does look great in the bullpen though.
              Yep my bad. Thought this was his 2nd.

Comment

• Is Vizcaino toast or a reasonable buy low gamble?

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                  Is Vizcaino toast or a reasonable buy low gamble?
                  I don't think he's either right now. He's on thin ice, let us say. I certainly wouldn't be buying him, but if I had him, I'd ride him until the wheels came off. I think he's a prime candidate to be traded at the deadline as a "proven closer" to be someone else's set-up guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    I don't think he's either right now. He's on thin ice, let us say. I certainly wouldn't be buying him, but if I had him, I'd ride him until the wheels came off. I think he's a prime candidate to be traded at the deadline as a "proven closer" to be someone else's set-up guy.
                    the Braves could actually still be in the hunt for the wildcard come August
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• If camp was any indication of what Acuna will do this year, that is not a long shot. Maybe not Trout in 2011 or Pujols 2001, but worth an MVP votes or two.

If it is just a control issue, Acuna should be called up this week.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Knebel-less Brewers with a 4-3 lead go to ex-closer Jeffress to get the last out in the 5th (W?) plus a scoreless 6th.
                        Hader gets 4 outs, then Barnes finishes the 8th.

here comes Albers in the 9th
                        #heyheyhey

routine single by Molina, feeble infield hit by DeJong sets up sac try by Wong. excellent bunt, and Travis Shaw at 3B apparently checking his manicure by the bag didn't help. probably a hit no matter what, but the Brewers' D is horrible.

short fly for 1st out, then Fowler on 2-2 pitch gets the sac fly to center to tie it. then easy grounder ends inning.

BSs for Barnes and Albers in 2 games, but neither was hammered

Albers shuts the door in the 10th for SV, but almost 30 pitches

Barnes in the cockpit tomorrow night for a SV, and Drake might be his co-pilot after a busy 'pen night
                        Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-09-2018, 09:54 PM.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Into a tie game enters Holland....5 batters....4 walks....1 run....1 loss. Welcome back Greg!

But, then again it wasn't a save opportunity....so there's that.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• On the bright side, Hand w a dominant save tonite, struck out all 3 hitters, including Blackmon and LeMahieu, to preserve a 1-run lead.
                            Last edited by rhd; 04-09-2018, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• And a similarly dominant save from Archie Bradley, who got the nod instead of Boxberger tonite, and who also had a perfect inning, striking out 2 of 3 hitters to preserve a 1-run lead. This would appear to indicate a committee situation, as Boxberger hasnt pitched any more often than Bradley lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                                And a similarly dominant save from Archie Bradley, who got the nod instead of Boxberger tonite, and who also had a perfect inning, striking out 2 of 3 hitters to preserve a 1-run lead. This would appear to indicate a committee situation, as Boxberger hasnt pitched any more often than Bradley lately.
                                Disagree. This is not a committee. Boxberger is the closer.

Comment

Working...
                                X