Luke Warm Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    First thought: Yeah, I suspect there's going to be a LOT more players next year who take the QOs if their last name isn't Harper or Machado or Kershaw....

Second thought: I wonder how many GMs are wondering "Why didn't we offer him 2/32 or 3/45?"
    Well, I'm sure he only wanted a 1-year deal because under CBA rules he can't be subjected to draft pick compensation again next season.

Comment

First thought: Yeah, I suspect there's going to be a LOT more players next year who take the QOs if their last name isn't Harper or Machado or Kershaw....

Second thought: I wonder how many GMs are wondering "Why didn't we offer him 2/32 or 3/45?"
      yes but GMs will be more reluctant to give QOs with the market bearing out like this.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        yes but GMs will be more reluctant to give QOs with the market bearing out like this.
        Good point. I'll wonder what will happen in the FA market beyond the "name" FAs if there's less players tied to draft compensation.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Good point. I'll wonder what will happen in the FA market beyond the "name" FAs if there's less players tied to draft compensation.
          In my opinion the compensation aspect has very little to do with the current changes in the market. Teams aren't dramatically changing their approach due to a 2nd round pick, they are changing because the contracts that used to be doled out in free agency were terrible.

Comment

• Lucroy to Oakland...per mlbtraderumors.

Comment

Working...
            X