Notable players still on the Interstate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
    Cardenas has been playing 3B and LF this year, although he has played a lot of 2B in previous years. The A's have Jemile Weeks playing 2B for their AAA team, and he's also hitting very well - .351/.443/.526. Either one could be given a shot.
    I mentioned Weeks in RHD thread a few weeks ago. Here is the info:

Quote Originally Posted by schlesinj View Post
    I own Jemile Weeks in an AL Only. I do not see him on the list. I know he has been oft injured, but with Ellis a pending FA I figured he could make the list. Thoughts.
    Thanx for the response, schlesinj.

Weeks is pretty far down the list rt now. Yes, he has had significant health issues. If he stays off the DL this year and does well, he'll move up. Not sure how serious a candidate he is for Ellis' job. Grant Green might end up there.

Comment

Adam LaRoche's .175 batting average is the worst among qualified hitters.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Uggly hitting a robust .175
        Adam Done 0-38 vs LHP will sit tonight because the immortal Andy Oliver toes the rubber.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Uggly hitting a robust .175
          Adam Done 0-38 vs LHP will sit tonight because the immortal Andy Oliver toes the rubber.
          Immortal I give you, but the movie is a musical. Ack.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Alex Rios- Welcome to the Interstate!
            He got off the highway, but after a 6-for-40 slide, he's back on at I-99.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
              He got off the highway, but after a 6-for-40 slide, he's back on at I-99.
              His name is Rios and he dances on the sand.......

Comment

The current Hall of Shame--

Batters* with 100+ AB and BA < .200

Active

Russell Branyan
                Carlos Peguero
                Brandon Inge
                Jeff Mathis
                Reid Brignac
                Chone Figgins
                Dan Uggla
                Rob Johnson
                Matt Tolbert
                Franklin Gutierrez
                Drew Butera
                Kelly Shoppach
                Dioner Navarro
                Adam Dunn#

On DL

Adam LaRoche#

Demoted

Tyler Greene
                J R Towles
                Michael Saunders

Released

Jorge Cantu
                Jose Lopez
                Jayson Nix

* It's not right to call them hitters
                # Is or has been on one of my teams this year
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                X