2K19: Shohei Ohtani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Yeah, this sucks, but it won't be to Dr. Andrews. He's been treated before. Japan has a serious league. It will be to the far, far west guy. A shame. Such talent, but really, nobody was built to throw a baseball 100 mph.
    CB, I don’t get your comment about serious league and far west guy. What are you saying?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      CB, I don’t get your comment about serious league and far west guy. What are you saying?
      He's talking about Japan, Japanese baseball and a Japanese doctor.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• “Everything I’m hearing is that the reality is, he probably will need Tommy John surgery,” @pedrogomezESPN reports grim news for Shohei Ohtani and @Angels just now on @sportscenter. “The earliest we might see him, should he have TJ surgery, would be the 2020 season.”
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• He might be coming back to hit in the next weeks (I picked him up as a DL stash)

If so who would be an upside - on target - downside comparison? I will need to make some moves and maybe keep/trade him

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/m...B:topheadlines

Comment

• Batting 6th tonight

Comment

• This could be the smart play for the Angels. If he needs TJ surgery, he is done as a pitcher until 2020 anyway. He can still bat this year, and then have the surgery when the season ends (or when the Angels are completely out of it). It usually takes a position player about 6 months to be back after TJ, and he's a DH, so it would probably be sooner, and he could bat all of 2019, then come back as a two-way player in 2020.

Comment

• Angels recommending TJ surgery for Ohtani.

Will this KO him as a batter next year?

Comment

• MRI revealed new damage to the UCL. Here comes Tommy John.

Comment

• Weirdly enough he is batting 3rd tonight and hit a he last night

Comment

• 10 starts and 274 plate appearances... just enough to qualify as both a hitter and pitcher in my sim league next season... phew.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• He celebrates the TJ surgery announcement with a 4-for-4, 2 HR night!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          He celebrates the TJ surgery announcement with a 4-for-4, 2 HR night!
                          And a steal!
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• From RW today:

According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, doctors believe that Shohei Ohtani could play through the entire 2019 season as the Angels' full-time designated hitter if he does indeed undergo Tommy John surgery.
                            Ohtani would be cleared to resume swinging a bat roughly three months after undergoing surgery, and would be ready to return to full-time action anywhere between 4 1/2 and 6 months following the procedure. Meaning that if he undergoes the procedure now, or shortly after the regular season, he shouldn't have any difficulty being ready in time for the start of the 2019 campaign. Despite his ridiculous prowess in the mound, it's easy to forget that Ohtani is slashing .287/.367/.579 with 18 homers, 47 RBI and seven stolen bases as a 24-year-old rookie in his first season of baseball on this continent. The only thing holding him back heading into 2019, from a fantasy perspective, will be his eligibility as a designated hitter only. Even so, it's not absurd to think that he should be ranked as a top 75 player overall heading into next spring's drafts.

Comment

• Fantasy rules question:

In our league, Ohtani was drafted in 2017. Yahoo split him into two players. The original team kept the pitcher and another team drafted the batter. If Yahoo decides to normalize with other platforms, which team should own full rights in 2019? Does it matter if the team owning the pitcher has longer tenure?

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• [QUOTE=onejayhawk;312891]Fantasy rules question:

In our league, Ohtani was drafted in 2017. Yahoo split him into two players. The original team kept the pitcher and another team drafted the batter. If Yahoo decides to normalize with other platforms, which team should own full rights in 2019? Does it matter if the team owning the pitcher has longer tenure?z

In our league he is split also- in your case the batter owner should get him. In my case it doesn’t matter as 1 owner owns both shares of him. I trade him a 1 dollar hitter Ohtani for Edwin Diaz 2 nd week of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X