No announcement yet.

2K19: Shohei Ohtani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, if your league evolves back to not having a "bench," then the problem solves itself
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      well, if your league evolves back to not having a "bench," then the problem solves itself
      Geez, last I checked, MLB has a bench...

Frankly, I don't mind draft 50 and no pick-up, no bench is OK, weird, to me, but so is a 2 catchers league, hate 'em. I really like the concept of trying to emulate the real game as much as possible, I think that's what we do as fake GM's...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Geez, last I checked, MLB has a bench...

Frankly, I don't mind draft 50 and no pick-up, no bench is OK, weird, to me, but so is a 2 catchers league, hate 'em. I really like the concept of trying to emulate the real game as much as possible, I think that's what we do as fake GM's...
        You should consider trying a points league then. I think a good points scoring system emulates player values much more than categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          You should consider trying a points league then. I think a good points scoring system emulates player values much more than categories.
          I'm in a dynasty points league, it's a ton of fun, other than the one guy who constantly bombards you with horrible trade offers. He actually managed to pull off a 7-1 deal today to get deGrom. I honestly don't know who he has left, LOL.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Just another reason that weekley moves suck...in no way, shape or form does this mirror the actual game, which is one of the things that we strive to do. We evolve elsewhere, we go from 2 catchers to 1, we add categories, we add or subtract positions, we have other moves that improve the actual experience of playing roto. I think that it's high time to ditch the weekly moves...
            Yeah, it does suck re: Ohtani if your league allows you to have him as both a pitcher and hitter. But personally I hate daily moves in the league I'm in that has them. Often, starters arent announced until it's too late to activate them. Case in point was today where Tampa has another RP make the start w/o informing who the real "starter" is going to be. I have Banda who pitched great today and got the win but I didnt have him active and didnt get his great stats. Also, guys coming off the DL sometimes arent announced until shortly before the game. This happened this year w Donaldson, who hit 2 HRs that 1st day back (which I missed) and hasnt done much since. Generally, it's hard enough keeping up w things as it is w/o having to do daily moves to shuffle starters in and out of your active roster. Sometimes I've missed some great starts because I neglected to activate a starter. And, at least w CBS, sometimes you cant make your moves after games are over, even if you stay up late to do so, because CBS doesnt allow you to until they turn on the activate buttons, which sometimes they dont do until long after the games are over, so you have to remember to do them the next day before next day's games start. I wish we'd get rid of daily moves and I will ask for this rules change in the off-season, altho I'm pretty sure it will be voted down.

BTW, I have Ohtani as both a pitcher and hitter in my league but I cant ever use him as a hitter because of our very idiosyncratic rule where a player is eligible only at a position that he's played 20 G at in either the current or the prior season. So, because we dont have a DH slot and because the Angels are not letting him play the field, I cant use him as a hitter. So you're lucky that you at least have the option to use him as a hitter, which I dont have.

Comment

• Ohtani rules! Get it?

I'll show myself out..........
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Just another reason that weekley moves suck...in no way, shape or form does this mirror the actual game, which is one of the things that we strive to do. We evolve elsewhere, we go from 2 catchers to 1, we add categories, we add or subtract positions, we have other moves that improve the actual experience of playing roto. I think that it's high time to ditch the weekly moves...
                Once you have a way to eliminate the ability of teams to make pitchers effectively worthless in daily leagues by teams just streaming to get middle-of-the-pack pitching with K's and Wins (and a bunch more innings) and spending everything on hitting, it would be a better argument. And, no, IP limits do not work---if they are too strict, they punish teams with good starters that throw too many innings and if they aren't, they allow too much streaming. I could get on board with a daily moves for hitters only, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  Once you have a way to eliminate the ability of teams to make pitchers effectively worthless in daily leagues by teams just streaming to get middle-of-the-pack pitching with K's and Wins (and a bunch more innings) and spending everything on hitting, it would be a better argument. And, no, IP limits do not work---if they are too strict, they punish teams with good starters that throw too many innings and if they aren't, they allow too much streaming. I could get on board with a daily moves for hitters only, however.
                  Agreed CB. Played a couple years of in two daily leagues and was not a fan. It was a fun game in a sense, but very far removed from baseball. And success was more a function of who had more free time. I’m not at a life stage where I’ll win that game.

Comment

• Ohtani taken out after 4 IP tonite, apparently w a blister problem. AGAIN. He's pitched 49.3 inn so far and at that rate he'll have about 128 IP at the end of the year. If you cant start just once a week, and sometimes not even that, and not be free of medical issues, that' disturbing and definitely limits his roto value.

His performance has been good: 3.10 ERA 1.10 WHIP, 61/20 K/BB. And .289/.372/.535 as a hitter in 114 AB. His Hitting WAR (0.9) is almost the same as his Pitching WAR (1.0) so far. His combined WAR projects to be about 4.9 for the year, which is solid All-star level. So he's been about as valuable as you could have reasonably expected if you can take full advantage of his pitching and hitting stats, which I cant.

Comment

• Not good news...

Angels PR @LAAngelsPR

Shohei Ohtani will be placed on the disabled list with a grade 2 sprain of the UCL. He underwent a PRP and Stem Cell injection yesterday with Dr. Steve Yoon in Los Angeles. He will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks and we will update his plan of care at that time.
                      https://twitter.com/LAAngelsPR/statu...62630338600960

Sounds like they will see if he can avoid surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davros View Post
                        Not good news...

Sounds like they will see if he can avoid surgery.
                        Best comment - "That is some blister"

Comment

• yeow ... i don't have him in any of my leagues but as a fan of the game, well, let's just hope he can avoid the dreaded trip to Dr. Andrews
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            yeow ... i don't have him in any of my leagues but as a fan of the game, well, let's just hope he can avoid the dreaded trip to Dr. Andrews
                            He already underwent PRP treatment last October for a damaged UCL. Seems likely that he's headed for TJ.

Comment

• Huge bummer

I've always been curious why some pitchers can pitch for years w a partial UCL tear (Tanaka, Pedro) but others cant.

Comment

• Yeah, this sucks, but it won't be to Dr. Andrews. He's been treated before. Japan has a serious league. It will be to the far, far west guy. A shame. Such talent, but really, nobody was built to throw a baseball 100 mph.

Comment

Working...
                                X