No announcement yet.

Early look at AL Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot twist! I found out today that I only have 6 freezes (the league info posted online had an error). They are due Sunday.

I called Fantasy on XM Radio today and Jim Bowden recommended the following 6:

Edwin Encarnacion 31
    Didi Gregorius 9
    Corey Kluber 37
    Lucas Giolito 1
    Blake Treinen 6
    Shane Greene 3

He liked Kluber+Gio for $38 total, the closers who are guaranteed to earn a profit, Didi as a no-brainer, and EE at a thin 1B.

I'm high on Clevinger 5 and am inclined to throw Kluber back. Thoughts? I think I can get Kluber for less than 40. The league is based 2 hours from Toronto so as a former Blue Jay people may go an extra dollar on EE.

Thoughts?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Plot twist! I found out today that I only have 6 freezes (the league info posted online had an error). They are due Sunday.

I called Fantasy on XM Radio today and Jim Bowden recommended the following 6:

Edwin Encarnacion 31
      Didi Gregorius 9
      Corey Kluber 37
      Lucas Giolito 1
      Blake Treinen 6
      Shane Greene 3

He liked Kluber+Gio for $38 total, the closers who are guaranteed to earn a profit, Didi as a no-brainer, and EE at a thin 1B.

I'm high on Clevinger 5 and am inclined to throw Kluber back. Thoughts? I think I can get Kluber for less than 40. The league is based 2 hours from Toronto so as a former Blue Jay people may go an extra dollar on EE.

Thoughts?
      In an AL only league I'd be happier to have Kluber than EE at value. Why take the chance? If you don't think you need an ace, then keep EE. 1B does kind of suck. But there's only 2 aces (well, and Severino).

Comment

Yeah, I'd keep Kluber for sure...Pitching is off the charts expensive this year. We just had out NL only, which granted has crazy inflation. But Scherzer went for 58, Kershaw went for 52, MadBum went for 40, and deGrom for 39...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Fair enough. If anything, Kluber is undervalued with 10% inflation and EE is overvalued. I actually think he might go for less than $31.

So, with a keeper list of: Kluber Clevinger Giolito Greene Treinen (and Didi) for $61, does it make sense that I would nominate all the top-10 pitchers to get money off the board, and target an $18-20 guy (Archer, Cole, Paxton, Gray) plus another innings-eater with upside (Morton, Lynn, Porcello) and a speculative saves guy?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Yes sir, that's exactly what I would do...suck the money out on the pitchers you don't need. And the rest of your strategy looks sound as well...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
            X