2K11: Ryan Vogelsong - SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Vogelsong is one of the rocks of my staff."

I may read this comment again this season, but in a different context.

#wordsmith
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      "Vogelsong is one of the rocks of my staff."

I may read this comment again this season, but in a different context.

#wordsmith
      I fully expect to as well... or at least hopefully I'm quick enough to cut bait when it gets to that point.

Comment

Hate to be the Debbie Downer in this thread, but what happens when Zito comes back from the DL?

Lincecum
        Cain
        Sanchez
        Bumgarner

Vogelsong
        Zito
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Hate to be the Debbie Downer in this thread, but what happens when Zito comes back from the DL?

Lincecum
          Cain
          Sanchez
          Bumgarner

Vogelsong
          Zito
          Pretty sure Zito ends up in the 'pen. Assuming everyone else is pitching well.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Pretty sure Zito ends up in the 'pen. Assuming everyone else is pitching well.
            The Giants will be the first team to ever have a middle reliever who makes 18.5 million per year lol.

And Brian Wilson will no longer have to pick up the check when the bullpen dines out lol.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Because not everyone is lucky enough to catch lightning in a bottle with someone like Vogelsong. Do you have him in all your leagues?
              I'm only in one league and no i don't own him...or Lohse or A. Sanchez or any of the other $1 pitchers having career years...

shhhhh..did someone whisper "It's better to be lucky than good"? (when it comes to fantasy baseball)
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                shhhhh..did someone whisper "It's better to be lucky than good"? (when it comes to fantasy baseball)
                It's far better to be lucky AND good.

Of course it's easier to pick up pitching finds since there's so many more starting pitchers in the majors than are needed in fantasy. But guys like Vogelsong still don't grow on trees. I picked him up and he's been essential and a godsend, but I also picked up Gorzelanny a few starts too late;and Tyler Chatwood, and absorbed his bombs.

I'd say you're about 65% right -- you can definitely find solid starting pitchers on waivers, especially if you're in a mixed league of 12 teams or less. But 12+ teams, and those odds go down significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  I'm only in one league and no i don't own him...or Lohse or A. Sanchez or any of the other $1 pitchers having career years...

I can't tell if it's good or bad that I have all three of those guys on my NL-only team that currently sits atop the standings in ERA, WHIP, and K's while being tied for 2nd in wins (Anibal was a $1 keeper, Lohse was a reserve round draft pick, and Vogelsong was a free agent pick-up after a couple good starts).

And to think, my most expensive pitcher by a margin of $26 (Cliff Lee) has the 2nd highest ERA of my 7 starters. Just goes to show you...

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                    I can't tell if it's good or bad that I have all three of those guys on my NL-only team that currently sits atop the standings in ERA, WHIP, and K's while being tied for 2nd in wins (Anibal was a $1 keeper, Lohse was a reserve round draft pick, and Vogelsong was a free agent pick-up after a couple good starts).

And to think, my most expensive pitcher by a margin of $26 (Cliff Lee) has the 2nd highest ERA of my 7 starters. Just goes to show you...

Just goes to show you.... the season is still early

Comment

Originally posted by Silentmist View Post
                      Just goes to show you.... the season is still early
                      not if your in last place 50 points from the lead.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Paging Revo... Paging Revo... Revo to the white courtesy phone

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                          Paging Revo... Paging Revo... Revo to the white courtesy phone
                          Who needs Lincy and Cain when you can have Vogelsong?

Comment

The Giants are about to have the world's most expensive long reliever....
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              The Giants are about to have the world's most expensive long reliever....
                              Only if they're smart. I think they will be smart, too.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

I am kicking myself for dropping this guy after his bad outing vs the Mets. I did pick up J. Hammel in his place, but its not so bad, but I could have dropped some other scrub on my squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X