No announcement yet.

aaron.judge home run rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the break I said to my wife "I am not going to be surprised if Judge has a 2 for 40 streak in him.

- he's a rookie

- the league is getting second and third looks

- it is hard to keep up the pace he was on

Oh, made another wager at my league all star gathering and I feel like I was stealing money:

- 50 home runs, nobody wins

- 49 or less, I win

- 51 or more, I lose

$300 to the winner

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      On the break I said to my wife "I am not going to be surprised if Judge has a 2 for 40 streak in him.

- he's a rookie

- the league is getting second and third looks

- it is hard to keep up the pace he was on

Oh, made another wager at my league all star gathering and I feel like I was stealing money:

- 50 home runs, nobody wins

- 49 or less, I win

- 51 or more, I lose

$300 to the winner
      If you win, you may need to buy Jackie Bradley Jr. a beer.

He hit 30 in his first 89 games, or 1 every 2.97 games. He has 73 games left to hit 20 (to reach 50) or 1 every 3.65 games.

I crunched some of his numbers and they are pretty weird. If I figured it right, in March and April, 57% of the time he went up to the plate, he either struck out, walked, or homered. That was in 75 plate appearances. Half his hits were home runs.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Judge has had a rough go of it since the All-Star break, hitting just .164 with 29 punch-outs in 67 at-bats

But when he does get hold, they are still going out

Comment

Good thing you didn't make these bets about Giancarlo Stanton. Stanton is all like, "kid I was you before you were you. I'm who you want to be when you grow up, son."

He has 22 homers in the last 6 weeks, including one each in his last 6 games. Where is the love!

Comment

Uh oh, Art Vandelay down four hundy and counting......

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Uh oh, Art Vandelay down four hundy and counting......
              Actually only $100 since he still is winning the other $300 bet. Now, if Judge gets hot and hits 6 more, he's down $1300.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Made a settlement when judge was at 39.

I had a secondary bet with the 41 total guy. The bet was I would offer 2-1 on any day he wished to bet judge would hit a home run. He was up $200.

I would have paid up to $500 or rolled the dice. I asked "how much to settle?"

Luckily the answer was $400.

I'm thinking he was thinking 'bird in hand'.

I still have the under 50 for $300 so hopefully I recoup a little...

Comment

SIGH...with two more today, I think judge is going to reach 51 plus

Comment

SIGH...with two more today, I think judge is going to reach 51 plus
                    Be thankful the other guy took the buy out. You'd be down $800 already.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Be thankful the other guy took the buy out. You'd be down $800 already.
                      He's been texting me to let me know that exact fact. LOL I feel fortunate

Comment

He's been texting me to let me know that exact fact. LOL I feel fortunate
                        He made a bad bet and then let you off easy when it paid off. Either he's a sympathetic friend or a lousy gambler.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          He made a bad bet and then let you off easy when it paid off. Either he's a sympathetic friend or a lousy gambler.
                          He is a gamble gambler. Loves to wager. A couple of seasons back, when Texas looked really dominant, I took a bet from him just as they went into collapse mode. I layed him 10-1 against the Rangers winning the world series. He put $1,000 up. Texas ended up having to play the wild card and went out one and done. We've made a bunch of bets over the years. Bowling. Tennis. Head's up no limit poker. The guy loves to gamble. I love to take bets.

Comment

Ties Big Mac's record of 49!

Comment

Just hit #50!!
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X