Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starling Marte Suspended 80 Games for PEDs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wish this news could have come out on Sat because we held an Easter Day draft and I was the lucky winner. In my other league the owner had Gordon last season and then signed Marte to an extension so yeah wow two years in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      Jon Gray and Starling Marte... two and half weeks in, and I'm f*cked out of contention by random nonsense.

See y'all next spring...
      Could be worse. My team was never a contender and Marte now kills my rebuilding effort. Kept him at $40 in NL league thinking he was a reasonable trade chip.

Comment

I doubt that it's going to be Meadows...he's struggling at AAA this season, this after struggling last year, and being injured. He needs a lot more AB's before he's ready for the majors.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Could be worse. My team was never a contender and Marte now kills my rebuilding effort. Kept him at $40 in NL league thinking he was a reasonable trade chip.
          When is your trade deadline? He'll be back mid July which should be a perfect time to trade him to someone who needs the boost.

Comment

yeah, Marte will be just as good a trade chip come the All-Star break.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I doubt that it's going to be Meadows...he's struggling at AAA this season, this after struggling last year, and being injured. He needs a lot more time in the minors so the cheapo Pirates don't have to worry about Super Two.
              Fixed.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

What is the opinion of Adam Frazier's value during the suspension?

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Fixed.

Hah! Too true...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    What is the opinion of Adam Frazier's value during the suspension?

J
                    For sure what right now. No reason to see him not getting starts right now. It appears BA should be decent with a few SB. Maybe he'll be like a Josh Harrison.

Comment

That's Frazier all right. Good BA and OBA, some speed, no power. He's even 2B eligible.

He has led off a few times. Will that be the standard til Marte comes back?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        That's Frazier all right. Good BA and OBA, some speed, no power. He's even 2B eligible.

He has led off a few times. Will that be the standard til Marte comes back?

J
                        I think so... either him or Jaso or someone worse (J-Hey, Mercer). They need Polanco in the middle of the lineup since he's their only good hitter (sorry Cutch). They played Jaso in right field yesterday so I guess they're committed to Bell at 1B. Or Jose Osuna.

Comment

Working...
                        X