Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starling Marte Suspended 80 Games for PEDs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starling Marte Suspended 80 Games for PEDs!

oh man

boom...why is it always the speedy guys lately (seems like)?

Comment

Dayum. I targeted him in all of my leagues, but struck out when he kept going too expensive, or I found better value elsewhere. Whew.

Comment

ouch.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Hello Austin Meadows

Comment

Holy crap! I also targeted Marte in both of my leagues but ended up with Polonco in both instead. The chance of the Pirates being out of contention and trading Cutch just went up even more. Adam Frazier looks like an everyday player now.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Is 80 games excessive? Historically speaking?

Comment

Originally posted by Neilage View Post
                That's what Dee Gordon received last year.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

80 is what Gordon got. don't ask why I know that.

our Marte owner just paid 44 for him.

at least he also owns Meadows.

check that, he TRADED Meadows in a pre-freeze list deal in March.

at least he has his one-round June draft pick, which after this might land him the top NL player in the early June draft if he likes.

Check that, he traded that pick to ME last year.

#badbeat
                  Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-18-2017, 02:55 PM.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Neilage View Post
                    It's specifically the rule. 80 for 1st time, 162 for 2nd time.

Comment

Just traded with my kid to get Marte yesterday. Great timing. Lesson #1 - Never trade with your kid.

Comment

Jon Gray and Starling Marte... two and half weeks in, and I'm f*cked out of contention by random nonsense.

See y'all next spring...
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          boom...why is it always the speedy guys lately (seems like)?
                          Recovery, I expect. Speed guys legs can take a heck of a beating - stop/starts, dives into 1B, sliding into bases.

It's also possible all the talk about lack of power got to him, too.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Marte owner me =

Comment

The team I thought was a prohibitive favorite this year has Turner, Sanchez, and Marte. He still has Trout and Bryant.

I'd had Marte for the past four years but his contract expired after last season. I still have him in my sim league but fortunately won't feel the pain until next year.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X