NL-ONLY need advice on team...pls help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bgraham10 View Post
    I was just offered Yasmany Tomas for Broxton. Is that a good move to make?
    I think it is. They're similar in value but you need the power.

Comment

Take Renfroe over Tomas

Comment

Tomas has proven the ability to hit in the majors, and is in a great park. 30 homers, solid BA, and still young...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd be surprised if Bellinger got more than 150 at-bats this year so maybe 5-7 homers is more realistic. Aguilar is an interesting one although spring training stars with no pedigree or major league success can quickly fall on their face.

I think that's a pretty dang good team for a 12-teamer - your non-starting hitters have some skills and 2 closers (with their presumed handcuffs) is pretty sweet. Like others have said, the power is a little light but Duvall and Joseph will help a lot and if Murphy comes back strong that'll help.

Trading Broxton (or Peraza for that matter) is very risky - you could look like an idiot or a genius. I'd shoot for someone higher than Bruce - maybe shoot for someone like Lamb, Franco, or Justin Turner?

Edit: and I'd take Tomas over Renfroe but I'd try to aim a little higher

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Tomas has proven the ability to hit in the majors, and is in a great park. 30 homers, solid BA, and still young...
            Agree with Horns here - add in that while San Diego isn't the hitters grave it used to be, Arizona is still a much more favorable hitters park. And Tomas has probably gone through the growing pains Renfroe will.

Like the Aguilar pick. If Thames sucks (as I think he will), he'll get PT that way. If Thames is actually good, and the Brewers deal Braun or Domingo Santana gets hurt again, they may move Thames to a corner OF spot and put Aguilar at 1B for this year until Brinson comes up.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I love Tomas this season and prefer him over Braxton and renfroe.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
              X