No announcement yet.

NL-ONLY need advice on team...pls help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-ONLY need advice on team...pls help!

12 team NL-ONLY 5x5 keeper league. We keep 5 players.
    I think I did okay in the draft, but trying to figure out how to make my team better. There is a lot of trading in this league.

C - Buster Posey
    C - Tom Murphy
    1b - Brandon Belt
    2b - Howie Kendrick
    SS - Jose Peraza
    3b - Wilmer Flores
    CI - Tommy Joseph
    MI - Zach Cosart
    OF - Christian Yelich
    OF - Billy Hamilton
    OF - Adam Duvall
    OF - Keon Broxton
    Util - Andrew Toles
    Util - Jesus Aguilar
    Bench - Cody Bellinger
    Bench - Alen Henson

P - Madison Bumgartner
    P - Johnny Cueto
    P - Matt Moore
    P - Mike Foltynewicz
    P - Dan Straily
    P - Amir Garrett
    P - AJ Ramos
    P - Kyle Barraclaugh
    P - Shawn Kelley
    P - Blake Treinen
    P - Corey Knebel

My SP is a little light...and I might be too weak in power department. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I think your SP is fine for a 12-only. You are short of power. With Hamilton, Peraza, and Broxton, you can probably afford to trade one away for a power hitter.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I've been offered David Dahl for Peraza, but I think I should see what Broxton can get me.

Comment

yes, Peraza might be a monster.

I have the same parameters and if I could leave my Sunday auction with this team, I'd be pleased.

wait it out. you clearly have extra speed, but in a trading league that's ideal.

when I like my roster, I am content if it is same on May 1 too - while monitoring.

how long have you been playing, if I may ask? seems you're new here and that can help us fossils better focus our answers.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Very strong team. Dump Garrett. Not a Yelich believer. You need a thumper (Cespedes or even lower down but powerful).

Comment

Yeah, I might get out from underneath Keon Broxton before he turns into a pumpkin...his value is never going to be higher than it is right now. And with only 5 keepers, dealing for Dahl just isn't worth it right now. If you're going to deal Peraza, you really need to get a thumper back, and Dahl isn't it. I hate to disagree with Sharky, but yelich is the real thing....300/20/20 all day long, and still has room for growth.

You need to upgrade that power, IMO, other than that, I do like the team, at the end of the season, you may have 3 closers as well.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I like you Pitching.

What boppers are available for trade? I think I would gauge the temperature of the league on Broxton. But do not panik just to make an early trade. It is a nice team.

Comment

12 tm nl, you have a sweet team. that format you are supposed to come out with holes, this isnt a 16 tm mixed. i do not see true 1st rd player but see 5 who could be 2nd rd, in posey, yelich, hamilton, cueto, and the great madbum. was madbum the 1st pick? your overall pitching to me is stellar, lots of upside, you kept it young and healthy. heck yes you will have excess speed, but this is a team you sit tight. reassess down the road, but i would be stoked with this value set.

wait, 2 catcher nl, posey was 1st. you look darn strong to me. balanced, power is spread well and will not be glaring hole some are suggesting.

Comment

You wouldnt be a Giants fan by any chance? As others have said, very nice job filling out your roster, especially for a 12 team. Agree with accumulating your speed stats and then dealing from strength. Garret could be a bit scary in Cincy when the weather warms up, hope for a hot start and then swap early if you can.

Comment

Thank you for all of the feedback!
                    I could surely see what the interest is for Broxton..but what's a fair swap for him? Someone like Jay Bruce? Ideally, one of Bellinger or Aguilar will step up with 15-20 HR

Comment

Broxton is a polarizing kind of guy, love him or hate him so you'll probably find some takers willing to pony up. Bruce is realistic I would think...or someone of that ilk, power veteran kind of guy.

Comment

I just received an offer of Hunter Renfroe for Broxton...is that a good swap?

Comment

Originally posted by Bgraham10 View Post
                          I just received an offer of Hunter Renfroe for Broxton...is that a good swap?
                          No, IMO Renfroe still has holes in his game, and it isn't as fantasy friendly as Broxton. Someone will pay well for that power/speed combo.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            No, IMO Renfroe still has holes in his game, and it isn't as fantasy friendly as Broxton. Someone will pay well for that power/speed combo.
                            I think thats a reasonable offer. In need of power and Renfroe definitely offers that. Instead of saying no, try to wait on it and see what else comes in.

Comment

I was just offered Yasmany Tomas for Broxton. Is that a good move to make?

Comment

Working...
                              X