Need YOUR help - NL-ONLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    And even still, he's worth much more than a 6th round pick in NL only, so he's very valuable in this particular scenario. If he somehow slide, I don't see any way you don't take him.
    Just sayin', don't think you're picking the 40 HR guy from 2015, because that's not happening again. 30 is probably not happening again. 25 will likely be a reach once he moves closer to sea level. At that point, he's in The Piscotty Zone.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      Just sayin', don't think you're picking the 40 HR guy from 2015, because that's not happening again. 30 is probably not happening again. 25 will likely be a reach once he moves closer to sea level. At that point, he's in The Piscotty Zone.
      I get it, but he's 31 not 39. And despite the fact that we always "know" that a player is going to be traded by the trade deadline, it actually rarely happens.

Cargo's ADP is 26 in NL only according to fantasypros. The worst ranking I can find is 45th by Andrew Gould at Bleacher Report (haha).

In a 12 team league with 5 keepers per team you are basically starting with pick #61. So, given the most negative valuation, Cargo should be picked at pick number -16 (that's right, negative 16) in this league.

Even if you are the most pessimistic owner, the correct play in this league would be to take him and flip him to someone less pessimistic about his season for a very nice return.

Comment

I don't see any scenario in which CarGo lasts 9 picks. More than likely, CarGo/Hamilton and C Martinez will all go before I can pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Bgraham10 View Post
          I don't see any scenario in which CarGo lasts 9 picks. More than likely, CarGo/Hamilton and C Martinez will all go before I can pick.
          My bad... I thought you were saying that when it came to your pick, you were projecting that the original list + CarGo would be available.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

This is the team I wound up with...I'm pretty light in Starting pitching.

C - Murphy
            C - C Herrmann
            1b - Belt
            2b - Kendrick
            SS - Peraza
            3b - H Perez
            CI - T Joseph
            MI - Cozart
            OF - Yelich
            OF - Polanco
            OF - Duvall
            OF - B Hamilton
            Util - M Saunders
            Util - K Broxton

P - Bumgartner
            P - AJ Ramos
            P - S Kelley
            P - J Urias
            P - Foltynewicz
            P - Straily
            P - B Treinen
            P - Knebel
            P - Ryu
            P - A Garrett

Bench - Cody Bellinger, Alen Henson

Thoughts?

I think I need another SP...weak after Bum

Comment

Honestly, I don't know that you're too bad in SP...I love Urias, and see 160 IP this year. Folty could really surprise, and if Ryu is healthy, you've got a very nice sleeper. Looks like you've got 2 1/2 closers to me, so that's good.

Hitting is a little light on power, but I think that you can address that during the season by dealing some speed, which you have a ton of.

I like the team, and think that it should contend if things break right for you...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Can I rely on this SP or do I need to deal for a SP like Nola to bolster?

Comment

Originally posted by Bgraham10 View Post
                  Can I rely on this SP or do I need to deal for a SP like Nola to bolster?
                  I think I would wait a few weeks and see how this team starts out.

What would it cost for you to get Nola?

Comment

Working...
                  X