Two sets of extension questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    fair points- I would be content with his 2013-15 numbers at $12 in a highly inflated 18 team league. I would be ecstatic if he puts up similar numbers to what he did in 2016.
    Curious - does Josh Harrison go for $12 in that league? I think the numbers discussed above are basically Josh Harrison. And I'd have him around $5 or $6 before inflation in that size league.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Curious - does Josh Harrison go for $12 in that league? I think the numbers discussed above are basically Josh Harrison. And I'd have him around $5 or $6 before inflation in that size league.
      Harrison was kept for $5 the last two years. Guys who are slightly comparable that went last year:

Kendrick $10
      Phillips $18
      Villar $15
      Spangenberg $10
      Owings $6 but I think he was hurt at the time?
      Alcides Escobar $13
      Aybar $6
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        Harrison was kept for $5 the last two years. Guys who are slightly comparable that went last year:

Kendrick $10
        Phillips $18
        Villar $15
        Spangenberg $10
        Owings $6 but I think he was hurt at the time?
        Alcides Escobar $13
        Aybar $6
        Aybar's 2015 matches well to what we were discussing. Kendrick and Phillips had more power, Villar and Escobar had more speed.

Seems like a $6 player to me until 2016. That's not to say 2016 should be discounted, far from it. But when looking at a long term extension the risk of returning to a previous norm should be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          I am curious on why people arent willing to extend longer on DJ. He has been fantastic, is under team control and in a great ballpark. Whats the hesitancy?
          I'm willing to accept something more like 2015 as his floor except for the steals. The batted ball numbers are good. Give him a .300 average, 10 HR and 10 steals. Probably a little better than that this year. But what if he is hitting 6th or 7th? His counting stats won't be great. Suddenly you've got him for $12 and he's still nice, but not a super bargain. I'd rather have him just for 16 and 17 and save the 5 bucks a year.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I'm willing to accept something more like 2015 as his floor except for the steals. The batted ball numbers are good. Give him a .300 average, 10 HR and 10 steals. Probably a little better than that this year. But what if he is hitting 6th or 7th? His counting stats won't be great. Suddenly you've got him for $12 and he's still nice, but not a super bargain. I'd rather have him just for 16 and 17 and save the 5 bucks a year.
            That's where I am, but due to an upside that's even less than what he produced in 2016 - 100-10-60-15-.390 OBP, I'd happily extend two years in an 18-team with steep inflation.

I think the risk of him being moved down is small. He's a perfect 2 hole hitter behind Blackmon. High BA, high OBP, some speed.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
            X