Stanton, Cespedes, or Myers for Oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Given the inflation situation I would do it for either Cespedes or Meyers. I would not put in a "sweetener" for Cespedes (but he would be my first choice). I would not bump a $1 Carter.

My other keepers would determine which of Kennedy or Werth I would drop.
    Carter would be my 15 keeper now. Are you saying I should keep him rather than trade for Cespedes or Myers? Or should I keep Carter over a $2 Shoemaker?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Carter would be my 15 keeper now. Are you saying I should keep him rather than trade for Cespedes or Myers? Or should I keep Carter over a $2 Shoemaker?
      The way I read it was you getting Cespedes (or Meyers) and Allen, then needing to bump one Carter, Kennedy or Werth. I was saying make the trade and bump one of Kennedy or Werth depending on your needs/likes. I like Shoemaker over Kennedy and Werth. Tough call if it is Carter or Shoe, but I still make the trade. If I have to choose between the two it would be based on who is back in auction for me to bid on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I only have room for one more keeper. Getting them all would mean me tossing back good keepers. My 14th best keeper right now is a $2 Shoemaker or $5 Jon Gray, both of whom I could keep an extra year at those prices, or extend them.
        In that case, don't deal for Lackey, but I'd go get Cespedes, Allen, and Carpenter and cut Chris Carter and Jon Gray. Gray's a talent, but Coors is pitcher death. Carpenter at $13 gives you a very good CI and a lot of positional flexibility.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd do Myers, he's a good bet to keep running in that line-up and having a potential 30/30 guy is pretty damn good...keep it simple, IMO.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I'd do Myers, he's a good bet to keep running in that line-up and having a potential 30/30 guy is pretty damn good...keep it simple, IMO.
            He got another offer for Myers and pulled the trigger. I went ahead and did the Carpenter deal. I talked him down to Clint Frazier, Chris Carter $2, and Didi Gregorius $2. I guess the back twinge scared him into reducing his price. I mean, Frazier is probably a little better than O'Neill because of his team/stadium, but I really didn't want to give up Yadier Alvarez, so only having to toss in Carter and Didi instead made that an attractive deal to me.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-08-2017, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X