Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Good idea.

Another one is to throw out the annual spring training stats leader.

Maikel Franco was overpriced due to his 9 spring HRs last year and he's off to a similar start hitting .500 with 3 HRs so far. Someone will overpay.
    Tim Tebow, $20.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      Tim Tebow, $20.
      Hah, I said overpay not quit the league mid auction

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Good idea.

Another one is to throw out the annual spring training stats leader.

Maikel Franco was overpriced due to his 9 spring HRs last year and he's off to a similar start hitting .500 with 3 HRs so far. Someone will overpay.
        Peter O'Brien has three homers already. If he keeps up the pace and makes the team ......
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          What value system do you use when you figure the 80% that you will go? I assume that when we are talking about price enforcing, then we are referring to players we wouldn't ordinarily purchase. Are these players you would buy if the bidding stopped at 80% of value?
          My AL only auction league is 23 years old. I'm old I guess. I'm rock solid in my pricing and I don't even care what anyone else in that league thinks. If I think a guy is $25 then I am bidding him to $20. I'll only overpay for guys I deem "must roster" which means I am seeking the value all draft. Get a few guys in the first two rounds for a total of $10 of value and I've created my 5th OF. Works every year.

I am involved in 5 auction drafts each year and my pricing is always on point across different formats so I have no fear. The only place I draw the line on enforcement is I will never bid more than $14 on any closer. I rarely get the elite guys and any of the middle tier is too much crap shoot. A $20 closer is death.

Comment

Working...
          X