2K17: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    I'm more of an NL guy as I haven't been in an AL league last two yrs. I can't see Gomez holding the job over Neris so at some point I expect him to take over as closer. Capps if he stays healthy and that is a big IF he should also take over as closer at some point. On Kelley I don't know your league rules but if you have a bench like we do in a league where you can move a player in and out on daily basis he is absolutely valuable. I think Neris out of the NL guys listed here has the best chance of getting the closer gig and keeping it. Capps would be my 2nd choice and Kelley 3rd. Hudson I don't see closing right away but maybe occasional now and then and depending if Watson is later traded.
    Thanks for the input. We do have a 6-player bench and daily transactions, so I can use Kelley for his Ks. Most setup men are are FA so I will probably end up dropping Kelley for a SP or better speculative guy.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      I have Johnson/Kelley/Feliz in a H2H league. Madson was dropped for Treinen today. I have first waiver priority but will wait until Madson clears tomorrow before doing anything.

Which 1-2 of these guys are the better speculative add right now: Hudson, Doolittle, Casilla, Neris, Benoit, Capps?

Is Kelley worth holding?
      Right now I think I'd rank them:

Madsen
      Neris
      Kelley
      Doolittle
      Hudson
      Benoit
      Capps
      Casilla

Capps has the highest upside of any of them but he's already hurt and has to adjust his delivery to the new rule so he could flame out quick.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Right now I think I'd rank them:

Madsen
        Neris
        Kelley
        Doolittle
        Hudson
        Benoit
        Capps
        Casilla

Capps has the highest upside of any of them but he's already hurt and has to adjust his delivery to the new rule so he could flame out quick.
        The A's are already talking committee. I'd bump Doolittle up a bit.

Comment

been a rough couple of days for Sam Dyson. his first appearance was .2 innings, 4 H, 3 ER, BS, L; tonight .1 inning, 3 H, 2 BB, 5 ER, BS, L.

@JeffWilson_FWST 1 hour ago
          Jeff Banister won't remove Sam Dyson as closer. "This is a guy that's been really good for us. I'm not going to jump off after two games."
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            been a rough couple of days for Sam Dyson. his first appearance was .2 innings, 4 H, 3 ER, BS, L; tonight .1 inning, 3 H, 2 BB, 5 ER, BS, L.

Jeff Banister won't remove Sam Dyson as closer. "This is a guy that's been really good for us. I'm not going to jump off after two games."
            He's doing his best Shawn Tolleson impersonation!

Comment

Tony Watson looked fine in a non-save situation last night, FWIW. Maybe fine is a bit of an exaggeration but he survived.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that Greg Holland has made a successful return from TJ surgery after saving 3 games in 4 days. Holland needed just 9 pitches for a 1-2-3 inning today which included 2 k's!
                Last edited by madducks; 04-06-2017, 10:00 PM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm torn. One league I have him and want him to stay as closer. The other league, where speculating for saves is stupid important, I have Bush.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Add Zach Burdi to your closer prospect list for Chicago White Sox if you haven't already. I sat behind home plate last night for Charlotte's home opener and he came in firing 96-99, hit 100 once, and had a very good slider as well as a good two-strike changeup. Just completely overmatched the Norfolk lineup that included a lot of former big leaguers such as Chris Johnson, Pedro Alvarez, Chris Dickerson, and Robert Andino

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      I think it's safe to say that Greg Holland has made a successful return from TJ surgery after saving 3 games in 4 days. Holland needed just 9 pitches for a 1-2-3 inning today which included 2 k's!
                      Meanwhile, Adam Ottavino has been wild in his first few outings. The Colorado closer question is answered.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Holland's stats have been great but he's given up three warning track shots in his three appearances. I picked him up cheap last year in a dynasty but am not going to get too giddy until he gets back to Coors.

Comment

Glover comes in with two on and no out in the eight, gets popout/flyout/popout to end it. Treinen comes in for the ninth having pitched in all three of the previous games and goes single/HR (Galvis)/strikeout/walk/flyout/groundout. In summary, Dusty is going to make Glover the closer after Treinen's arm falls off in two weeks.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
                            Holland's stats have been great but he's given up three warning track shots in his three appearances. I picked him up cheap last year in a dynasty but am not going to get too giddy until he gets back to Coors.
                            And McGee with the save today, perfect inning with 3 ks. Granted, it was a lefty line up, and Holland was off for rest, but I'm not sure this situation is totally settled in Holland's favor just yet.

Comment

Glover comes in with two on and no out in the eight, gets popout/flyout/popout to end it. Treinen comes in for the ninth having pitched in all three of the previous games and goes single/HR (Galvis)/strikeout/walk/flyout/groundout. In summary, Dusty is going to make Glover the closer after Treinen's arm falls off in two weeks.
                              You go to hell, Dusty Baker. You go to hell and stay there!
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Treinen went for 29 in my league
                                #justsayin #notbyme
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X