No announcement yet.

Can this rotation be competitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always believed that to have a successful auction you must be as comfortable as possible, which starts with being self aware. I am far better at assembling an offense at the draft than a pitching staff, I value hitting more and am reluctant to go the extra dollar on pitching, I absolutely put little stock in all but the very top minor leaguers. So in knowing myself, to be comfortable at a very competitive auction, this is what I am trying this year.

As you can see from this thread, there are no assurances about anything. Several RJEL owners have replied and contradicted each other, closers cheap or expensive? Elite starters plentiful or scarce. Inflation high or low? As for trading my picks, once they've been made, then it's about the prospect and no longer a pick and we vary on our opinion regarding those guys don't we?
    I can still trade next year's picks so that's not a real issue nor is price enforcement, as stated this is a mature league that already does that.

This may or may not work. But I do thank you guys for your ideas and opinions they have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
      I have always believed that to have a successful auction you must be as comfortable as possible, which starts with being self aware. I am far better at assembling an offense at the draft than a pitching staff, I value hitting more and am reluctant to go the extra dollar on pitching, I absolutely put little stock in all but the very top minor leaguers. So in knowing myself, to be comfortable at a very competitive auction, this is what I am trying this year.

As you can see from this thread, there are no assurances about anything. Several RJEL owners have replied and contradicted each other, closers cheap or expensive? Elite starters plentiful or scarce. Inflation high or low? As for trading my picks, once they've been made, then it's about the prospect and no longer a pick and we vary on our opinion regarding those guys don't we?
      I can still trade next year's picks so that's not a real issue nor is price enforcement, as stated this is a mature league that already does that.

This may or may not work. But I do thank you guys for your ideas and opinions they have helped.
      You can't trade next years picks until the auction is over...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        You can't trade next years picks until the auction is over...
        The point, which I may not have communicated well, is that I can't trade the picks I had for this draft after the auction either. Which was suggested in this thread (draft a comparable arm for 36 and deal the picks when early dumping starts). I can't imagine the players I'd get at 17-18 would net me a Sale caliber arm this year, unless I got really lucky. Hope that clears things up

Comment

I saw a list in an earlier post that showed some of the prices of the top pitchers. How many of them will be back at auction? And then what will their prices be?

I like the trade. Sale is a good price. You have to give to get. And I really don't think he gave that much up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
            Chris Sale 36
            Gerrit Cole 16…...... 2018
            Michael Fulmer 5b
            Aaron Sanchez 5b
            Drew Pomeranz 3b
            Descalfini 2b
            A. Chapman 22
            This is how it looks now with one more closer to go

Comment

So, Tinkering with this a bit and I've ended up with the following seven guys I'm going to keep and the two possibles I'm looking at keeping one of (yes I may bring 8 kept arms into the draft--I may regret it, but what the hell eh?)

Definite Keepers:

Chris Sale $36
              Gerrit Cole $16…...... 2018
              Aaron Sanchez $5
              Ivan Nova $4
              Jared Eickhoff $3
              A. Chapman $22
              Sam Dyson $4

Desclafani at $2 is my 8th if his arm is right if not then I'll consider a $3 Finnegan.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X