Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank these prospects for 2017 and for 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank these prospects for 2017 and for 2018?

Jorge Alfaro
    Jacob Nottingham
    Roman Quinn
    Nick Williams
    JP Crawford
    Robert Stephenson
    Amir Garrett
    Ian Happ
    Alen Hansen
    Albert Almora
    Zach Davies
    Zach Eflin

NL-only, 12-team keeper league. I had a lousy team last year, made trades of high-value guys and came away with 12 very nice prospects as well as some more established players, too. Obviously, with so many, I have to make some decisions based on 1 year, 2 year, etc. readiness to do well in the bigs. I can keep up to 5 and maintain their rookie salary exemption [$280. cap], but I may have to carry 1-2 more if I can't get value in trades this winter. I have a couple tiers in my mind, but I would appreciate input from the board. I am not looking for any particular category, either, although speed and power will be in short supply. I need everything. Thanks!
    Bearin' up!

Jorge Alfaro
    Roman Quinn
    JP Crawford
    Ian Happ

my favorite 4 (in no order)

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Jorge Alfaro
      Roman Quinn
      JP Crawford
      Ian Happ

my favorite 4 (in no order)
      ----------and 3 of 4 are Phils! Woulda thunk?
      Bearin' up!

Comment

Jorge Alfaro- Meh. To each his own, but I generally stay away from ML catchers.
        Jacob Nottingham- See: Alfaro, Jorge
        Roman Quinn- I like him, but damn, that's a LOT of DL time for a kid. He has a bad wrist and concussion problems. Very risky.
        Nick Williams- Wait and see. Upside is still there, but last year was a big disappointment no matter how you look at it.
        JP Crawford- I like him, but hes probably a better RL SS than a fantasy one. Like the polar opposite of Trevor Story. Useful probably on a fantasy roster, but won't generate huge counting stats.
        Robert Stephenson- Love this guy. He may suck for another year or so, but really like his #2 potential.
        Amir Garrett- Also like, but not sure of how much good he'll be on a fantasy roster in the short term.
        Ian Happ- The #1 name on his list.
        Alen Hansen- If only he had a place to play, he might actually be worth something. He could probably give 10HRs/25SBs and a shitty OBP for PIT today.
        Albert Almora- Not high on him at all. Seems pretty pedestrian to me.
        Zach Davies- THIS is an interesting pitcher. Ceiling is not very high, but he's shown he can pitch in the majors, go through rough patches and come through them. I think he's a definite keeper. Get your Ks and Ws somewhere else though.
        Zach Eflin- I think he'll end up a middling middle reliever when all is said and done.

Comment

Thanks, Dane. As I am based in Philly, it helps to get unfiltered opinion, as 5 of the 12 are Phils.
          Anyone else?
          Bearin' up!

Comment

Happ
            Crawford
            Alfaro
            ~~
            Davies
            Quinn
            Stephenson

Davies is limited upside but looks solid as a #3/4 SP. Quinn has higher upside, but I just don't think he'll hold up.

Agree with The Dane on Happ. He's the #1 on the list. Want higher risk, but potentially higher reward, go with Alfaro next.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

anyone else care to chime in? Thanks so far!
              Bearin' up!

Comment

Happ
                Crawford
                Almora
                Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Happ
                  Crawford
                  Almora
                  Williams
                  An interesting order concerning Almora, Sharky. Most seem to feel he would be nearer the bottom of this list than the top. Would you care to explain? I'd be very interested, as I like him, too.
                  Scottw
                  Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                    An interesting order concerning Almora, Sharky. Most seem to feel he would be nearer the bottom of this list than the top. Would you care to explain? I'd be very interested, as I like him, too.
                    Scottw
                    I'm not a huge Almora fan, but he has a high floor for me. Only Jon Jay stands in his way. So he could be a 10-15 HR, 20SB guy. That was value. And even part time his counting stats could be valuable given team context.

Comment

Working...
                    X