No announcement yet.

2K17: Offseason Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Jays about to sign JP Howell to a 1 year $3M contract.

Hopefully he can get back to his 2013-14 ways.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Is Chris Carter really going to follow a 41 homer season with being exiled to Japan or is that just posturing? Where does he land, and will he get full time ABs in Tampa or wherever? I have him for $1, and thought I had a keeper.

Comment

• Cardinals extend Carlos Martinez for 5 years/$51 million.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Indians sign reliever Boone Logan to a one year deal.
          "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
          "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
          WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
          PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Rays re-sign Logan Morrison for $2.5M
            Twins DFA Byung Ho Park. He's due $8.75M over next 3 years with a 500K buyout of a 4th year

Comment

• The Mets worked on their bullpen yesterday, re-signing Jerry Blevins ($6M) and signed Fernando Salas ($3M for one year).
              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• More bullpen work: Jays sign Joe Smith to a one year deal, terms not yet announced.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Royals sign Jason Hammel for 2 years/$16 million.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Nate Jones could be a closer.....soon

Bullpen help remains a primary need for the Nationals in what has been a rather quiet offseason in terms of …

Comment

• Napoli to Rangers
                      Carter to Yankees (shit)

Guessing Wieters is coming to TB, but I wanted Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Napoli to Rangers
                        Carter to Yankees (shit)

Guessing Wieters is coming to TB, but I wanted Carter
                        Wow, just $3mm for Carter, that's quite a discount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Wow, just $3mm for Carter, that's quite a discount.
                          But he only lead the n.l. in home runs

Comment

• Yeah, for 3m, the Yankees can just use Carter as a RH 1B and get their money's worth. I expect you'll also see some Holliday in LF, giving Gardner or Ellsbury a day off against a lefty.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Yeah, for 3m, the Yankees can just use Carter as a RH 1B and get their money's worth. I expect you'll also see some Holliday in LF, giving Gardner or Ellsbury a day off against a lefty.
                              I'm a Carter owner and trying to decide what this signing does for his value. Is it a lock he sits against many RHers, even though his splits are fairly even? What is his projected AB count? Does his value go down, stay the same, or go up now that he is a Yank? I was hoping to hang on to him for $1 in my 14 team mixed league, but I think this makes him too much of a risk to not crack 400 ABs. Although I do like his upside in that stadium if Bird and/or Judge and or Holliday get hurt or suck.
                              Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-07-2017, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I'm a Carter owner and trying to decide what this signing does for his value. Is it a lock he sits against many RHers, even though his splits are fairly even? What is his projected AB count? Does his value go down, stay the same, or go up now that he is a Yank? I was hoping to hang on to him for $1 in my 14 team mixed league, but I think this makes him too much of a risk to not crack 400 ABs. Although I do like his upside in that stadium if Bird and/or Judge and or Holliday get hurt or suck.
                                Yeah... I think it's bad for his value. No way is he an every day player. I have to think the Yankees are committed to Bird at 1B and either Judge (or Hicks if Judge can't hack it?) in RF. Unless they can trade Gardner or Ellsbury and stick Holliday in the outfield, Carter is probably looking at 300 ABs.

Comment

Working...
                                X