Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("End-Of-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    I doubt it. I can get him for $6 if I keep him. If I throw him back and he is in the rotation, he'll definitely go for more. Hopefully, things will be clearer by the keeper deadline, but never sure about that.
    Agreed - if one of the likely five you've listed has their arms fall off before your keeper deadline, then he's a sure keep. If not, and it's pretty apparent he'll start in the bullpen, I'd probably chance dropping him and buying him back. There's risk there, as I remember you play in a very sharp league, so with the injury history of the Mets pitchers, even if he starts in the bullpen, I can see him getting 15 starts and 20 relief appearances...which would net more than a $6 bid, I think. But I'd take the gamble.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Any reason for thinking he'll be in the rotation? RosterResource says it will be deGrom, Syndergaard, Harvey, Matz, and Wheeler. I see a lot of injury risk there, but hard to argue with it if all are healthy.
      From what I have read Wheeler is ticketed for the pen

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Agreed - if one of the likely five you've listed has their arms fall off before your keeper deadline, then he's a sure keep. If not, and it's pretty apparent he'll start in the bullpen, I'd probably chance dropping him and buying him back. There's risk there, as I remember you play in a very sharp league, so with the injury history of the Mets pitchers, even if he starts in the bullpen, I can see him getting 15 starts and 20 relief appearances...which would net more than a $6 bid, I think. But I'd take the gamble.
        It is a sharp league, but the rules are weird. Having him at the draft for $10 can be better than keeping him for $6 because if you draft him, you can bench him when he is in a relief role, while you can't if you keep him. And since there are SP slots and RP slots (with K's as a category), it is very hard to keep a guy in an SP slot when he isn't starting.

Comment

It is a sharp league, but the rules are weird. Having him at the draft for $10 can be better than keeping him for $6 because if you draft him, you can bench him when he is in a relief role, while you can't if you keep him. And since there are SP slots and RP slots (with K's as a category), it is very hard to keep a guy in an SP slot when he isn't starting.
          Oh, yeah - I forgot about your league rule with required SP and RP slots. I'd say it's pretty unlikely you keep him, though this is the Mets we're talking about. Given their medical history, four of their five starters might have their arms fall off in ST.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I have Ozzie Albies as a potential keeper, optioned to 2019. The price escalates. How rapidly do you think he produces?

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              I have Ozzie Albies as a potential keeper, optioned to 2019. The price escalates. How rapidly do you think he produces?

J
              I think he can produce fairly quickly, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot. He should be a very good baseball player in the majors fairly soon, but not a top tier roto player.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I think he can produce fairly quickly, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot. He should be a very good baseball player in the majors fairly soon, but not a top tier roto player.

What do you base that last sentence on? I think a lot of people thought the same thing about Jonathan Villar. I think J P Crawford is overrated as a fantasy player.

Comment

RHD, I really appreciate all of the work you put in to these rankings and find them invaluable as I'm not very well versed in prospects. I'm looking forward to the new list as I've been using this one for trading and want to see how my squad rates going into the season. Do you have an ETA for the new list?
                  Again, thanks so much for the work. I truly appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                    RHD, I really appreciate all of the work you put in to these rankings and find them invaluable as I'm not very well versed in prospects. I'm looking forward to the new list as I've been using this one for trading and want to see how my squad rates going into the season. Do you have an ETA for the new list?
                    Again, thanks so much for the work. I truly appreciate it.
                    Thanx for the response Hodor.

It will be up by Friday morning. BAs list comes out later that day so I always try to post mine before theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Thanx for the response Hodor.

It will be up by Friday morning. BAs list comes out later that day so I always try to post mine before theirs.
                      Excellent, I'm interested to see how many Padres made the list

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                        Excellent, I'm interested to see how many Padres made the list
                        There will be a lot.

Comment

What's your take on Mateo? Mlb.com still has him as a top 50 prospect, most still have him the top 4 of Yankee prospects but Law doesn't have him in his top 100. I think he bounces back...you?

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                            What's your take on Mateo? Mlb.com still has him as a top 50 prospect, most still have him the top 4 of Yankee prospects but Law doesn't have him in his top 100. I think he bounces back...you?
                            Thanx for the response, fuhrdog.

Didnt have a particularly good year, and had "only" 36 SBs, but it was still solid enough, still arguably has 80-grade speed and he's still age-appropriate for his league. My opinion hasnt changed much on his roto value - still figures to be an MLB regular and figures to get a ton of SBs. Currently, #21 on the list.

Comment

Can't wait for Friday

Comment

Working...
                              X