Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("End-Of-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I own both Casey Gillaspie - 1B - TB & Rowdy Tellez - 1B - TOR... I'm a really big fan of both, so I was curious to see Gillaspie sneak in at the back end of your list, but Rowdy didn't make it. Was Tellez close for you?

I see Tellez's mature hitting approach, and overall strong numbers at a young age as a predecessor of future power. Way too many 70 grade raw power guys with poor approach. I've read some skeptical reports on Tellez at times... regarding merely average bat speed... but I still see the approach (15% BB rate) and high AVG's, and I think of Brandon Belt... of course, we all see now that Belt will never crush 35 HR, but he's still a well-above-average bat.

I'm not sure which of Gillaspie or Tellez I prefer, but I definitely feel like they offer ~30-50% chance of being $20-$30 fantasy players, while a guy like Bobby Bradley has more like a 20-30% chance of becoming a $20+ player, but more likely to be a Pedro Alvarez/Joey Gallo/Russell Branyan/whoever...

Thanks for all the good work, RHD!
    Thanx for the response, Teenwolf.

Tellez is on the list now (#140). BA's rpt says he is the Jays' most advanced hitting prospect (altho fringy defense) and that he could debut sometime in 2017.

Comment

Great list good work. it must drive you people crazy deciding on which player comes before another. Creidt to all who put in the work and then put it out to the public which has no shame.

I highlighted blue those I would rise, green I have no clue and yellow I would drop. Don't worry it's not leaving that sheet or being posted anywhere with these remarks. Just seeing if anyone else ran through the whole list.

Comment

Originally posted by @MaineSkin View Post
        Great list good work. it must drive you people crazy deciding on which player comes before another. Creidt to all who put in the work and then put it out to the public which has no shame.

I highlighted blue those I would rise, green I have no clue and yellow I would drop. Don't worry it's not leaving that sheet or being posted anywhere with these remarks. Just seeing if anyone else ran through the whole list.
        Thanx, for the props. MaineSkin.

I'll comment on just a few of your recommendations. I have dropped Y Gurriel a bit to #7. I've seen that he is not all that highly ranked in the lists I've seen so far. But this list for roto and he will be a starter for the Astros. I am being a bit stubborn on him but I think that a guy who was rated the best player in Cuba for several years can be an impact player in MLB. We've seen what other Cuban import hitters can do and experts rated Gurriel better than any of them while they were still in Cuba. 33 y/o does represent a point of significant decline for an elite hitter. The fact that he hasnt mashed yet in the US I think probably is due to his long layoff and getting acclimated to a new league and country. He could be a good buy-low candidate.

Toles has resurrected himself as a prospect w the Dodgers and he's penciled in to be a starting OFer on opening day. His plus-plus speed makes him attractive in roto. He also won a minor batting title. He's currently #63.

I've moved Martes up to #33, as I continue to read positive reports on him. Maybe has ace potential and may be in MLB by this summer.

I'm worried that I might actually have Quinn too high. His ranking is assuming that he'll be a starting OFer in 2017, which is uncertain. And he's had several injury problems, so that's a concern, too.

I disagree w you about McMahon, as I have seen nothing but relatively unfavorable reports on him recently. He's no longer on the list.

Acuna is another one that I've moved way up. Has plus speed and raw power and a lot of upside.

I post a new list every 2-3 months or so, and will post an updated list in the next few weeks (before BA's Top 100). I plan also to have writeups for each player (I keep saying I will do this but t takes so long to do).

BTW, I recognize your name from Rich Wilson's show. I've been meaning to join in the Facebook group discussions and I'll get around to that eventually.

Thanx again for the response, and welcome to RotoJunkie!

Comment

Any thoughts on Gsellman? I get that he was iffy coming into last year, but he showed he was stuff and not just command. Sickels is a fan, but he isn't on the list at all. Do you think this will change?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Any thoughts on Gsellman? I get that he was iffy coming into last year, but he showed he was stuff and not just command. Sickels is a fan, but he isn't on the list at all. Do you think this will change?
            Thanx for the response, cavebird.

I'm seeing lots of positive reports on Gsellman. He's not only on the list now but he's #71. The BA rpt says he has a live FB, above CB and CH and is an extreme GB pitcher. I expect he'll be on at least some Top 100 lists, maybe even BA's. And I think he'll be in the Mets' rotation on opening day. I'm hoping I can get him at a good price/round in my NL and mixed leagues.

Comment

More on Gsellman - good mound poise, not much diminishment while pitching out of the stretch. I was impressed with his command the couple times I saw him. Should have a good K:BB ratio, but I'd only project him to have a 6-7 K/ 9 IP rate.

He's getting a fair amount of positive ink now, so I'm not sure how much of a sleeper he'll be in NL only leagues.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post

I'm seeing lots of positive reports on Gsellman. He's not only on the list now but he's #71. The BA rpt says he has a live FB, above CB and CH and is an extreme GB pitcher. I expect he'll be on at least some Top 100 lists, maybe even BA's. And I think he'll be in the Mets' rotation on opening day. I'm hoping I can get him at a good price/round in my NL and mixed leagues.
                Thanks for the info! Is the current list something different that what is posted at the top of this thread? (I would ask for a scouting report on my eyes, but without correction, I am legally blind, so I don't need one, lol.) Or can we await a new one coming out soon? (!!)

Comment

Thanks for the info! Is the current list something different that what is posted at the top of this thread? (I would ask for a scouting report on my eyes, but without correction, I am legally blind, so I don't need one, lol.) Or can we await a new one coming out soon? (!!)
                  I update my list constantly. I just post it only every 2-3 months or so. If there's any player you want me to comment on between lists, just leave a comment in the current list thread, like you did.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    More on Gsellman - good mound poise, not much diminishment while pitching out of the stretch. I was impressed with his command the couple times I saw him. Should have a good K:BB ratio, but I'd only project him to have a 6-7 K/ 9 IP rate.

He's getting a fair amount of positive ink now, so I'm not sure how much of a sleeper he'll be in NL only leagues.
                    Thanks for the info. I can keep him for $6, but he is locked in my lineup per league rules, so if he goes bust, so do I. Tough decision.

Comment

Any reason for thinking he'll be in the rotation? RosterResource says it will be deGrom, Syndergaard, Harvey, Matz, and Wheeler. I see a lot of injury risk there, but hard to argue with it if all are healthy.

Comment

Any reason for thinking he'll be in the rotation? RosterResource says it will be deGrom, Syndergaard, Harvey, Matz, and Wheeler. I see a lot of injury risk there, but hard to argue with it if all are healthy.
                        Don't be shocked if the Mets announce Wheeler will be a bullpenner in '17. That leaves Gsellman and Lugo to battle for the #5 job.

Comment

Yeah, that's it. All of them are injury risks except for Thor, particularly Wheeler. It's a long shot they are all healthy enough for the rotation on opening day.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I can keep him for $6, but he is locked in my lineup per league rules, so if he goes bust, so do I. Tough decision.
                            If you threw him back, could you re-buy at a lower price AND re-start the contract? I love this move on players I think I can get cheaper...

Comment

Yeah, that's it. All of them are injury risks except for Thor, particularly Wheeler. It's a long shot they are all healthy enough for the rotation on opening day.
                              Thor has to be an injury risk as well....no?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                                If you threw him back, could you re-buy at a lower price AND re-start the contract? I love this move on players I think I can get cheaper...
                                I doubt it. I can get him for $6 if I keep him. If I throw him back and he is in the rotation, he'll definitely go for more. Hopefully, things will be clearer by the keeper deadline, but never sure about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X