Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("End-Of-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Agree on the MLB rookie status of >130 ABs, but RJEL uses 130 ABs on the nose.
    Mondesi, 135

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
      Mondesi, 135
      aj reed was sitting at 115 with three weeks to go and ended up at 122, this should make a lot of owners happy.

Comment

Lost Edwin Diaz with 51 2/3rds innings, pitched 2+ in his last appearance of the year...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Lost Edwin Diaz with 51 2/3rds innings, pitched 2+ in his last appearance of the year...
          And Indians 2017 rotation member Mike Clevenger ended at 53 innings

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Where's Vogelbach!?!?!?! (Just kiddin' )

Nice to see Isan Diaz make the list. He had a brutal start to the year but really came on strong in the last couple months. I've had my eye on him for some time now. Not surprised to see Trent Clark plummet - he had a brutal year in just about every respect. What happened to the batting eye?

As for Joey Gallo, crap. I didn't notice that he'd eclipsed the 130 AB threshold. He won't qualify in my league as a minor league keeper anymore. But what are your thoughts on the guy? Where would you put him if he still qualified? There was some back and forth in the 2k17 Gallo thread about giving up on him as a prospect. Are you in that camp, too?
            Trent Clark's eye stayed pretty good, he had an OBP 115 points above his BA. He was also injured a lot of the year, so it was kind of a lost season for him...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Max Schrock Oakland 2b

Made a couple of top 20 league list, controls the strike zone, high batting average, lots of doubles, only 21 and played some double A games to end the season

Did he almost make your list ?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                Max Schrock Oakland 2b

Made a couple of top 20 league list, controls the strike zone, high batting average, lots of doubles, only 21 and played some double A games to end the season

Did he almost make your list ?
                Thanx for the response, WBG.

I really like Schrock. I saw him play at Low-A this year (sat next to his father!) and came away very impressed. He looks like a guy that gets the most out of his ability. Has some pop and some speed. May be iffy for an MLB regular but just might make it. He is #223 rt now.
                Last edited by rhd; 10-11-2016, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Hey RHD

What do you know and think about Houston outfielder Ramon Laureano.

Had what was clearly a break out season with lots of walks and speed + .200+ iso. Any chance he could make his way to Houston by 2018 ?

Comment

Hey RHD

What do you know and think about Houston outfielder Ramon Laureano.

Had what was clearly a break out season with lots of walks and speed + .200+ iso. Any chance he could make his way to Houston by 2018 ?
                    Thanx for the response, WBG.

I've just recently found out about Laureano. He had a great year and I'm particularly interested in his SBs. He's on the list now (#116). BA's report says he lacks a plus tool but has across-the-board ability. They say he has above-average speed so the SBs look fairly legit. And he led all minor leaguers in OBP, altho you have to consider that playing in Lancaster inflated his offensive stats. They project him as a possible 2nd-division regular. I have no idea whether he'll be in MLB in 2018 but that seems a little early.

Comment

38 Bobby Bradley 1B Cle 14 52

Anyone notice that is his three year career in pro ball, he has lead his league in home runs each season?

Comment

After reading in depth about the Tampa Bay Devil Rays system (john sickles and baseball america), it is really hard to doubt if they are going to trade some major league starting pitching. It would appear they have 4 or 5 guys in triple and double A right on the edge of ready for the majors.

Comment

After reading in depth about the Tampa Bay Devil Rays system (john sickles and baseball america), it is really hard to doubt if they are going to trade some major league starting pitching. It would appear they have 4 or 5 guys in triple and double A right on the edge of ready for the majors.
                          They've been here before and done absolutely nothing about it. Then again, that was under Friedman. Neander may feel differently

Comment

How close was Matt Strahm? I see him recently posted as the #1 prospect for KC over at Fangraphs, listed with a 55 FV. Seems a bit higher than other sources, but I liked their reasoning that his 2016 represents a higher ceiling, given Strahm's 2 years of lost development time.

I own Strahm at $3, but he'd need to be extended after 2017. Same story with Yohander Mendez. Are either of these guys likely to develop and produce enough in the big leagues in 2017 to warrant an extension for $8 through 2019? Pitching prospects never seem to take direct paths to productivity (looking at others on my list, Skaggs and D. Norris)... So if we handicap each of Mendez and Strahm at 25% chance of 2017 success warranting extension... are they worth keeping? Or am I better off keeping a 1st year contract Mike Clevenger $5, knowing that I don't need to make his extension decision until after 2018, given that Clevenger is the more finished product... Or would you say that Mendez is the most finished product because of his control, and most worthy of keeping due to highest pedigree?
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              How close was Matt Strahm? I see him recently posted as the #1 prospect for KC over at Fangraphs, listed with a 55 FV. Seems a bit higher than other sources, but I liked their reasoning that his 2016 represents a higher ceiling, given Strahm's 2 years of lost development time.

I own Strahm at $3, but he'd need to be extended after 2017. Same story with Yohander Mendez. Are either of these guys likely to develop and produce enough in the big leagues in 2017 to warrant an extension for $8 through 2019? Pitching prospects never seem to take direct paths to productivity (looking at others on my list, Skaggs and D. Norris)... So if we handicap each of Mendez and Strahm at 25% chance of 2017 success warranting extension... are they worth keeping? Or am I better off keeping a 1st year contract Mike Clevenger $5, knowing that I don't need to make his extension decision until after 2018, given that Clevenger is the more finished product... Or would you say that Mendez is the most finished product because of his control, and most worthy of keeping due to highest pedigree?
                              Thanx for your response, Teenwolf.

Strahm's a bit farther down the list. Being the #1 or #2 prospect in a system as bad as KC's doesnt mean a bunch by itself. I wouldnt extend either Strahm or Mendez but I'd try to keep both, if you have room. They both could be contributors in 2017 and one or both could be in the rotation. Mendez is likely to appear on some top 100 lists; Strahm isnt. I'd keep Mendez, but probably not Strahm, over Clevenger.

Comment

I own both Casey Gillaspie - 1B - TB & Rowdy Tellez - 1B - TOR... I'm a really big fan of both, so I was curious to see Gillaspie sneak in at the back end of your list, but Rowdy didn't make it. Was Tellez close for you?

I see Tellez's mature hitting approach, and overall strong numbers at a young age as a predecessor of future power. Way too many 70 grade raw power guys with poor approach. I've read some skeptical reports on Tellez at times... regarding merely average bat speed... but I still see the approach (15% BB rate) and high AVG's, and I think of Brandon Belt... of course, we all see now that Belt will never crush 35 HR, but he's still a well-above-average bat.

I'm not sure which of Gillaspie or Tellez I prefer, but I definitely feel like they offer ~30-50% chance of being $20-$30 fantasy players, while a guy like Bobby Bradley has more like a 20-30% chance of becoming a $20+ player, but more likely to be a Pedro Alvarez/Joey Gallo/Russell Branyan/whoever...

Thanks for all the good work, RHD!
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X