What to do with the #1 Minor League pick going into 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Other than you? Maybe Steve, I don't know of anyone else...
    And Lucky ��

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
      And Lucky ��
      I don't' think that there's a Lucky account anymore...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I don't' think that there's a Lucky account anymore...
        I hate to admit it, but you are correct

Comment

And Pogues.

No I don't, I just wanted to be special...
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I have no idea who has > 1 account on this site.

Re: the issue, I dont know who I'd take if I had the #1 pick because there's no clear cut top guy. The top 2 on my list would be Corey Ray and Kyle Lewis. I have Ray above Lewis because of the uncertainty re: Lewis' return from his injury, plus Ray probably will have more SBs. I'd take either above Senzel because altho Senzel may have a higher floor his ceiling is lower. Moniak, Rutherford, Groome and Puk would be candidates. Some other guys worth considering are Yadier Alvarez, who lots of folks are saying has crazy high upside, Leody Taveras, Ronald Acuna and Kevin Maitan. Also, Mitch Keller might not be rostered, even tho he was eligible last year.

Comment

Great discussion. This year there will be no consensus for the proper order as this thread and any other on the topic will tell you. While I personally feel Senzel offers the best balance of safety/certainty, proximity and potential I think cases can be made for others. At this point I'd personally want to see the Mariners actually develop a hitting prospect before I'd commit a high pick to Lewis especially after a serious knee injury and questions around his college experience at a smaller school in Mercer. Ray is likely to be ok but in an OBP league may not be an asset and the Brewers have a lot of OFs to compete with. Rutherford and several others though may end up being better than both but are much further away and recent BP work raises concerns about older HS players like Rutherford.

While I don't always practice this belief, in competitive dynasty/keeper leagues you are generally better off trading top prospects vs. hoping that they pan out and Senzel to me again has the highest liklihood of at least producing Anthony Rendon-type stats in a much better hitting environment that Rendon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                Again, no one else seemed to have an issue understanding the question and if you really wanted to answer the question wouldn't you ask for clarification rather than post some snarky criticism regarding how I posed the question?

BTW, does EVERYONE have two accounts they use to post on this board?
                Not me. I keep losing bets to some guy named GITH and not even using my account for six months at a pop.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Not me. I keep losing bets to some guy named GITH and not even using my account for six months at a pop.
                  Notice I didn't wager on this past election.... I prefer to have you around and I kind of missed you..... Sad emoji

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    I have no idea who has > 1 account on this site.

Re: the issue, I dont know who I'd take if I had the #1 pick because there's no clear cut top guy. The top 2 on my list would be Corey Ray and Kyle Lewis. I have Ray above Lewis because of the uncertainty re: Lewis' return from his injury, plus Ray probably will have more SBs. I'd take either above Senzel because altho Senzel may have a higher floor his ceiling is lower. Moniak, Rutherford, Groome and Puk would be candidates. Some other guys worth considering are Yadier Alvarez, who lots of folks are saying has crazy high upside, Leody Taveras, Ronald Acuna and Kevin Maitan. Also, Mitch Keller might not be rostered, even tho he was eligible last year.
                    I second considering any of Alvarez, Keller, or Maitan if they are available. I also like Senzel, because I like where he is going to be hitting and think his stadium could help him produce better than expected, he is a safe pick, and should be ready soon. As a UF grad, I'm partial to Puk as well. Looks to have good stuff to me. Groome looks good too. But since pitching is deep these days, I'd strongly consider Senzel as a safe pick who will be up soon, with more upside than some expect hitting in Cincy. He isn't a stud, but all the other higher upside options have more risk and more importantly to me, are farther away from contributing.

Of course, I recommend that, but as a Alvarez and Keller owner, I'm not sure I'd trade either for him . And some say Maitan has #1 overall prospect potential one day, so if you are looking for a home run and don't mind waiting 4-5 years....
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-22-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X