What to do with the #1 Minor League pick going into 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with the #1 Minor League pick going into 2017

I know HD is coming out with his minor league list soon, but I'm being inundated with trade requests for the #1 pick in RJEL. I was wondering whom that pick might be, maybe the top 2-4. Most all the top guys from last year are rostered so I'm looking for new Draftees or recently signed INTL guys who weren't promoted this season.

Thanks!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I haven't studied much, but I imagine Moniak will be in the conversation.

Comment

I think this is a good year to trade down. I don't think there's anyone in the draft this year comparable to Moncada/Swanson/Bregman/Rodgers/Benintendi. If I had the first pick, it'd probably be Francisco Mejia or Senzel or Moniak or a pitcher, and none of that is all that exciting.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Suck it!!!!!

::

Comment

Tebow?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Suck it!!!!!

::
            LMAO and here I was going to PM you specifically for advice LOL.

I think I'll skip that now hehehe
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So, I turned the #1 pick into Gerrit Cole 16...2018 and Chris Sale 36 anchoring my rotation for this year.

Comment

How would we know who to list when we don't know who is taken or conversely which of the top prospects (use MLB.com for convenience) are available

Comment

Interesting guys who are available:

Anyone drafted or a J2 signee in 2016
                  Harrison Bader
                  Yusniel Diaz
                  Rhys Hoskins
                  Eddy Julio Martinez
                  Willie Calhoun
                  Mitch Keller
                  Luiz Gohara
                  Francisco Mejia
                  Josh Ockimey

It's an 18-team OBP league using one catcher.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Hook View Post
                    How would we know who to list when we don't know who is taken or conversely which of the top prospects (use MLB.com for convenience) are available

You can ask?

Thought I was pretty clear in my opening post that everyone prior to last year amature draft was taken.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                      You can ask?

Thought I was pretty clear in my opening post that everyone prior to last year amature draft was taken.

Hope that helps.
                      Not trying to be a jackars but your first post said "Most all the top guys from last year are rostered"

so it leaves open the possibility that one of the top guys not rostered OR someone who was not a top guy but had a great season and is now much more highly regarded might be available

IF you are talking about last year's draft class, depending upon league salaries I would think the top pick would be Jason Groome amongst the pitchers or Kyle Lewis or Nick Senzel of the hitters (sorry if your minors draft was after June I should be giving you other names)

Comment

When did you trade the 1st overall pick?

Comment

I got the #1 pick from him back in November for 3 other 1st round picks. Overpay but I had the bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Hook View Post
                            Not trying to be a jackars but your first post said "Most all the top guys from last year are rostered"

so it leaves open the possibility that one of the top guys not rostered OR someone who was not a top guy but had a great season and is now much more highly regarded might be available

IF you are talking about last year's draft class, depending upon league salaries I would think the top pick would be Jason Groome amongst the pitchers or Kyle Lewis or Nick Senzel of the hitters (sorry if your minors draft was after June I should be giving you other names)
                            Again, no one else seemed to have an issue understanding the question and if you really wanted to answer the question wouldn't you ask for clarification rather than post some snarky criticism regarding how I posed the question?

BTW, does EVERYONE have two accounts they use to post on this board?

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                              Again, no one else seemed to have an issue understanding the question and if you really wanted to answer the question wouldn't you ask for clarification rather than post some snarky criticism regarding how I posed the question?

BTW, does EVERYONE have two accounts they use to post on this board?
                              Other than you? Maybe Steve, I don't know of anyone else...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X