No announcement yet.

Tight fantasy pennant races thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second place. But I did win the league last year so I can't really complain...I guess.

Side note, remember the days before live updates and we had to wait until the next morning the check the site, or you had to do the math for every category? Shoot, who remembers the days BEFORE internet websites and you got the standings in the mail once a week? That was annoying.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      who remembers the days BEFORE internet websites and you got the standings in the mail once a week? That was annoying.
      Yeah, everyone who's been playing since mid to late 1990's remembers those days.

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      remember the days before live updates and we had to wait until the next morning the check the site, or you had to do the math for every category?
      Rotowire is still like that. Live stats for the day but no live standings, so in 1 league I'll have to wait until early next morning to know officially where I ended up. By my calculations I amazingly ended up tied for 2nd, but I might have overlooked something.

Comment

Looks like a pulled out a two wins. The first was the Icestorm league, with the team I inherited from Todd Zola, no less, who won LABR and Tout this year. The second was a tie, actually, in the NCBL, a league I share with Fresno Bob.

All in all, a pretty good season, with some pretty fine keeper lists in most of my leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
          I gained a point in saves and the rest of it stayed the same final standings

1st 156 Me
          2nd 153 Andy
          3rd 150 Mike

It was a heck of a chase for me to get into first and I am really happy to have my 2nd RJEL title!
          Congrats...any other multiple winners beside us?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I had a great run where I finished 1st, 2nd, and 1st...should have won 3 in a row, but thing happened. Besides, you only one 1 title, your brother won the other when you were galavanting around the globe.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I had a great run where I finished 1st, 2nd, and 1st...should have won 3 in a row, but thing happened. Besides, you only one 1 title, your brother won the other when you were galavanting around the globe.
              Haha, nice!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

My 30 year old AL League: I commission.
                Went down to the last day - they were tied yesterday -
                Ended - 105 - 101 - Big day for the champion.
                I came in fourth after being dead last June first. My reward - I won the four year title. My second 4 year title ( we have had 3 of them)

Our Assmonkee Title ended in a tie . It was between the Guy who traded Trout pre-season and A Reverend we have in the league .

I wrote last week what would it be next year. Reverend Assmonkee or I traded Trout Assmonkee for their team names. Lucky for the Rev his Limp wrist Batters Last in RBI and HR was third in Batting Avg. So he won the Tie Breaker and doesn't have to explain to his church why he is the proud owner of the Assmonkee team.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Thanks I guess Steve has 2 as well so now it is a race for that 3rd title!

Comment

Working...
                  X