my NL 12-team 5x5 top 5 teams, now 3 days since our trade deadline passed:

ok, I have 41 - but I won last year with a record 113.5 so there's that
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

12-team mixed 5x5

1st - 100.5
    Me - 100
    3rd - 89

Multiple categories in play. I'm seeking my 8th title, my rival his 3rd. Looking like it will go down to the wire, fun!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      12-team mixed 5x5

1st - 100.5
      Me - 100
      3rd - 89

Multiple categories in play. I'm seeking my 8th title, my rival his 3rd. Looking like it will go down to the wire, fun!
      As of today:

1st - 100
      Me - 99
      3rd - 88.5

I'm behind just 5 runs and 5 rbis from next team but my offense has been pathetic so I've also lost points in OBA and Slug.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

10 team AL only:

1st - 72.5
        2nd - 71
        me - 70.5 (with a certain +0.5 coming at next save)

Not sure I can eek out more points relative to the top 2 though, depends on how good Felix/Sale/Pomeranz/Duffy/Rodon can be the rest of the way!

Comment

14 team MLB H2H
          GB
          -
          1 (me)
          ~~~~

Top 6 make the playoffs. Two of us really ran away with it this year. There are also several teams still in the playoff hunt with 2 weeks left until playoffs.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

12 Team AL ONLY

1st through 10th just separated by 11 points. With the daily fluctuations we see in this league, the guy in 10th place has a real shot with a month to go.

Comment

As of today:

1st - 100
              Me - 99
              3rd - 88.5

I'm behind just 5 runs and 5 rbis from next team but my offense has been pathetic so I've also lost points in OBA and Slug.
              Current standings:

Me - 103.5
              2nd - 98.5
              3rd - 88.5

I'm cautiously optimistic after flying by two non-contenders in RBIs (thanks Abreu!), but we'll see.

Incredibly I have 59 of the 60 possible pitching points!
              Last edited by DMT; 09-05-2016, 03:17 PM.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                12 Team AL ONLY

1st through 10th just separated by 11 points. With the daily fluctuations we see in this league, the guy in 10th place has a real shot with a month to go.

Update:

74 (me)

The top 4 is now all within 1 point, and the top 10 still just separated by 11.5.

I've never been involved in a league like this. It is nerve racking...

Comment

ours is now

it's a blowout!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

My H2H league is in its last regular season week. We have five teams in the running for spot six. The spread is 5.5 points from 6th to 10th, with 17 points available each game.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Me - 100
                      2nd - 98.5
                      3rd - 96
                      4th - 93.5

Any one of the 4 can win. My hitting has been awful the last few weeks and if it doesn't pickup I'm not long for 1st place. Getting Kershaw back (hopefully for the rest of the season).

Madducks has made it into 5th place!! with 76.5 points!! Yay Madducks!!
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Current standings:

Me - 103.5
                        2nd - 98.5
                        3rd - 88.5

I'm cautiously optimistic after flying by two non-contenders in RBIs (thanks Abreu!), but we'll see.

Incredibly I have 59 of the 60 possible pitching points!
                        My offense had a very good week, but can't afford to go cold. Picked up Lugo to try to maintain my lead in WQS. Btw, a great category for those who loathe Ws. Much wider variance and more reflective of starting pitcher value.

Me - 103.5
                        2nd - 100
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

Me - 100
                          2nd - 98.5
                          3rd - 96
                          4th - 93.5

Any one of the 4 can win. My hitting has been awful the last few weeks and if it doesn't pickup I'm not long for 1st place. Getting Kershaw back (hopefully for the rest of the season).

Madducks has made it into 5th place!! with 76.5 points!! Yay Madducks!!
                          Me - 102
                          2nd - 98
                          3rd - 96.5
                          4th - 93.5

Still going to come down to the wire. Too many categories that are oh so close to anoint a winner.

First time that I can remember more than 2 teams fighting for the title.
                          Last edited by Mithrandir; 09-12-2016, 01:21 PM.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

our 4-team race has added a 5th:

first time in a month or more that anyone has reached 90
                            I won with a record 113.5 last year, have 34.5 this year for a modest 79-pt dropoff....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Today I have a 2.5 point lead in our local 5x5 AL league. Eight of the 10 categories can still see movement by either my team or the team in second place. I've lost Salazar, Carrasco, E. Rosario in the past couple weeks. The end of the season can't come soon enough!
                              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
                              X