No announcement yet.

How Are Your Teams Finishing Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RJEL, made too many missteps regarding pitching and scuttled my chances early, tried to go for it, but that made it worse. Turned about and regained a lot of draft picks and have some solid keepers, but am mired in the middle--Took on some salary before the deadline to try and improve my draft position--we'll see how that works.

Boxscore, 15 team mixed RJ Staff league. Was 2nd most of the year, now back n forth between 2nd and 4th. Made the right moves, but as has happened the past 2 seasons, right after the deadline suffered 3-4 key injuries.\ which have set me back, but it looks like they'll be back--hopefully in time for me to not only stay in the money but move up the chain.

H2H Legacy league Missed the playoffs as I had to auto draft but assembled a team for next year I might actually want tot return for--remains to be seen.

Free Agent Yahoo league--currently in 4th with an outside shot at 3rd or even 2nd.

Yahoo Auto Draft league--1st place no one can catch me.

Overall ok year, looking forward to next year when I think I can do very well on all fronts.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

- 2nd in my 22-team mixed. 1st place is out of reach as he has a 41-pt lead (!!!).

- tied for 3rd in my 11-team AL-only. 2nd is possible but unlikely. 3 teams battling it out for 3-4-5 and 4th is the last money place.

- 9th in my 12-team NL-only that doesnt allow any in-season moves. Injuries (Kershaw), poor performances (S Miller, Howard) and both (Rosenthal) have killed me.

Overall, good year so far.

Comment

11-team NL-only keeper: planned rebuilding year, pretty much locked into 10th place

10-team AL-only keeper: 4th place, a point out of third. Downfall was suckage of Byron Buxton as well as injuries to JD Martinez, Tulowitzki, Choo, and Sano as well as complete suckage from pretty much all the outfielders I drafted (Aoki, Jennings, Tucker, Choo) along with the worst $10 keeper ever (Billy effing Burns). I need Melvin Upton Jr. to propel me to a 3rd place finish.

10-team mixed: been a while since I played in a league like this but since it's with some of the same guys as the AL-only I'm motivated. Just moved back into 1st today but am in quite the battle. In the top 5 of all categories except for wins, go figure. Using my first two picks on Donaldson and Altuve has done wonders for my offense.

Comment

12 team AL - Last after dumping
          14 team Mixed H2H - 2nd after being in first more of the season. 3rd is a ways back.
          AFA - 5th. Was as high as second but I haven't been able to get my pitching ratios to trend downwards.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Coasting to first (knock on wood) for a repeat championship in my AL 4x4 (22 yrs).
            On pace to shatter league records for HR & RBI.
            Running away with SVs after mid season pick ups of Herrera/Diaz (lost Chapman to NL).
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

MSGL - Stuck in 3rd with little chance of catching Kracker and no chance of catching Horns

RJEL - Also in 3rd, but with a real chance to catch Jude for 2nd. First is now 7.5 up and if they don't come back to me I can't imagine getting more than 3-4 more points.

12TO - 8th, chasing points to improve my farm draft slot.

PONY - DOA, after two years in the money this team just tanked.

Local League - First place by a mile, not the best owners, but winning $ is good

NFBC - I was tied for 1st this morning in a $150 draft only league. I am checking this team constantly hoping to win some real cash. I am 175th overall so I won't be winning any extra money.

4 money finishes could be a good year, if I win NFBC it certainly will be.

Comment

Bump.

Any changes? It's always neat to read of your successes and hear optimism even in down years.

By the way, I have a good chance at my "dream" double; winning pennants in two very competitive AL-only and NL-only leagues (no other dual owners) in the same year.

I'm in first place by 20 points in a 31-year NL league (5x5). If this margin holds it would be the biggest "blowout" in league history, not to mention my league-high 8th pennant.

I'm also in first place (7.5 points) in a 20-year AL league (5x5). A pennant this year would be only the second back-to-back championship in our league since its first two years (it would also be my league-high 7th pennant).

Typically I am stronger in one league compared to the other (I've finished in the money in both leagues during the same season many times).
                "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

In my 12 team NL only I have a 22 point lead. I've been in first since early May. Honestly, this is dumb luck, I had no idea I'd be this good. Thank you $5 Tanner Roark and Corey Seager who cost me no money in the draft.

In my 12 team AL I have a 5 point lead. That's up to the moment too, just lost 2 points in AVG. There are several categories that could swing things in the other direction quickly. I won last year so I would love to repeat.

A few other leagues have not gone as well, I'll just leave it at that.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

IL (NL-only) Rebuilding, will end up in the middle of the pack, but I have the best batch of keepers I may have ever had.
                    IceStorm (NL-only) Currently 11 pts. in first, but I was 22 pts. a couple of weeks ago. The hard-charger has a tough team, and I'm afraid I peaked early. Nail-biting the end.
                    RJEL Rebuilding, will end up lower-middle, but managed a decent haul of keepers
                    NCBL (NL-only) Currently 8 pts. in first, but there is a big pack hanging together. I was in 2nd for a day last week. It's far from over.
                    TBRL (NL-only) 8th place rebuilding.

So, a mixed bag. If everything works out, I could get two titles, but I could also just as easily fade late and end up with merely two money finishes.

Comment

AL 4X4. 20+ yr league. Defending champ.

Took the league lead in June, havent looked back since. Was coasting comfortably between 6 & 9 pt lead, which is huge in this league. On pace to set league records for HR & RBI. Lost Chapman to AL, but with some shrewd moves wound up with 3 closers (dyson/diaz/kimbrel... & herrera) and blew past 4 teams in saves to a unreachable lead.

Over last three weeks, lead has slowly eroded. My overconfidence may have been crucial as I gambled on some young arms and got burned (snell/paxton/t.walker). Suddenly, I wake up today to find myself a half point back in the standings, with a bit of a dilemma.

SBs has been a tight category all year. I've been (somehow) coasting in 2nd place for a month now, but I'm not sure how. I finally got caught by the overall 2nd place team in SBs yesterday, vaulting him into the league lead in the standings.

Here's the dilemma - preseason, I traded a $6 Bradley for $10 Buxton. In retro, one of my worst deals ever. I lost Buxton to AAA, then picked him up in FA when he was recalled. He sucked again, and again I lost him to AAA. This slot in my lineup has had virtually no production all year, and I was still pacing the league in power cats. I replaced him with M.Duffy.

Last week of Free Agency, I dropped an expiring (but uninspiring) Eaton for A.Hicks, who was killing it in August. Hicks promptly blew a hammy, and now it looked like I'd have an empty slot in my lineup again, with September expansion meaning rare DL stints. With free agency over, I picked up Eaton again on waivers - he turned in a hot week and was my only shot at production from that slot.

Now, when I picked up Hicks, my second choice was Dyson. He was sputtering, but I needed the SBs to stave off #2. He is still in the free agent pool, and promptly had a huge SB week and is hitting well.

So here's the real dilemma - I now have a guy on my ass in RBI by single digits. I have just lost SB points to the league leader. Since the Rays were kind enough to put a guy on the 60 day DL after season ending surgery (Duffy), do I go back to Buxton and his 5HRs and .400+ avg (I could move up in avg) since his call-up, or do I take the bird in hand and get the SBs from Dyson? If Buxton has turned the proverbial corner, he could be on my team for years. But Dyson gives me a point against the team directly in front of me, a 2 pt swing.

Tough call. If the friggin Yanks had just put Hicks on the DL in the first place, I'd have both of them...

Sorry for the long winded venting. This end of season shit was looking like it was going to run smoothly, and has suddenly gotten very stressful.
                      One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Like the polar ice caps
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                        X