How Are Your Teams Finishing Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Are Your Teams Finishing Up?

In two NL Leagues. My main league I'm in 3rd with a shot for 2nd. My pitching has fallen apart Wainwright, Leake, Nelson even Baumgarner has had a couple of bad games for him. Also had a rash of injuries Story, Reyes, Fowler (July), Panik and now Reynolds. Offense is still 2nd in the league. Should be able to at least get 3rd considering I didn't think I would contend this season when it started.

Other league in 2nd with 2 other teams behind me by 1/2 point. About 7 points out of 1st. My offense has died in the 2nd half but still with a shot to make finish in the running.

12 team AL only 5x5 battling for first.

12 team NL only rebuilding due to many early injuries. Hoping to get out of the bottom 4 to avoid the you suck penalties. Pretty nice team going into next year.

16 team mixed. First year, took over a team. Mid pack. About what I expected this year.

Comment

Yahoo public 12 team - haven't done one of these in about 10 years. 1st. Pulled away in the past 3 weeks from 4th.

13 team 6x6 5 keepers - 4th. Screwed up with pitching this year. Killed me.

13 team 6x6 dynasty - 4th. Again pitching hurt me.

RJ Mock 1 - 10th. Blech.

12 team 5x5 H2H - 9th. Horrible May and June. Was in 1st after April, but the struggled in May and I have never recovered. Rebuild.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Only two teams this year.

Idle Hands (16 team mixed RJ league) - second. Lots has gone right, though it has been esp. tough to manage pitching this year (seems to be a common theme). But I have to look a looooong way up to see first.

and I'm in a Free Agent Yahoo League (dump & rebuild) ... I'm in 5th out of 12, but can't see getting too much higher.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

10 team NL only 4x4:

In our league;s 26th season, I am in 1st with a 14 point lead over 2nd.

Comment

11th with a bullet (to my head) in 12-team NL-only
            also 12th of 13 in my PGA Tour league after profitable 3rd place as rookie last year
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

16tm redraft - 9th, but in contention for a 5th place money spot
              18tm RJEL - 5th, pretty much left to battle with Seadogstat for 4th place.
              RJ Mock 1 - 3rd

Comment

12-team mixed - battling for 1st, 1/2 point behind. A title would be #8 in 15 years.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

13 team mixed with madducks and Magic

Been in 1st since June but my team has been slumping the last two weeks, especially the pitching. I have an 8 point lead but that will dry up fast.

Tradedo for JoFer about 3 weeks ago. Uh that's working out great!!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

My H2H team is comfortably in the playoffs. Much as I like ROTO, I am finding playoffs are worth the difference. My dump-the-roster-and-restock-from-WW team is 6th of 12.

Light load these days.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

league 1 - 1st by .5 (over my kid). 3rd is pretty far out so we should get 1st & 2nd. Hopefully I win, the kid is tough to handle when he beats me.

league 2 - around 23 points (10 team, 5x5 league so you get 10 points for showing up) and 9th place has 38. Everything that could go wrong has-injuries, off years, and bad draft picks all rolled into one.

Comment

Currently 9th out of 11 in my 4x4 NL keeper league.

My team flamed out early; I sold it off at the end of May. I picked up some nice pieces for next year - Nolan Arenado, AJ Pollock, JP Crawford, Seung-Hwan Oh, Jameson Taillon, and Josh Hader, to name a few. I will avenge this year's disgrace!

Remarkably, the desiccated husk of my team is slowly creeping up on the scrum at 5-6-7-8. I won't cash, but every spot I move up translates to better position in next year's reserve draft, so... go team!
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          12-team mixed - battling for 1st, 1/2 point behind. A title would be #8 in 15 years.
                          you are leading your division in DMBL as well, right?
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            you are leading your division in DMBL as well, right?
                            Ah yes, actually best record in league...but didn't think too many around here care about sim leagues (other than league mates ironmist, heye, and you that is).
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Ah yes, actually best record in league...but didn't think too many around here care about sim leagues (other than league mates ironmist, heye, and you that is).
                              SIM leagues are the true fantasy baseball!
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X