Bumgarner Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    This. In a forever keep league, at a minimum I'm getting one very, very good MLB piece and some great, great prospects for MadBum.
    So, I guess we are all in agreement that his original offer isn't close at least .

Comment

[QUOTE=Sour Masher;257007]Yes, this is exactly my thinking on why someone would make the deal. Bumgarner is only 4 years older than Giolito, but Giolito has been handled with extreme care every since his TJ, and has way less milage than Bungarner. It likely won't happen any time soon, but precedents say it is very likely Bumgarner burns out at some point in the next few years a la Sabathia and many others who threw a ton of innings young.

Precedents also say that post-Tommy John arms typically have a ~4-year window before the enter into the recurrence/breakdown "danger zone". As you touched on, TINSTAAPP. I don't think you can just assume Giolito is going to become Bumgarner for both injury and performance reasons.

I'd rather have Bumgarner, and I'd need Giolito plus something else significant to deal him. Chances are Bum will provide more value or could be traded for a package with more immediate impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        So, I guess we are all in agreement that his original offer isn't close at least .
        You are right, sir!
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X