No announcement yet.

2K17: Jonathan Villar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the speed. I am not sold on the power. He will definitely get on base and run though. If you paid a 2nd round pick for him and got .255-15hr-95r-60rbi-50sb would you be happy? I can't decide but lean towards yes.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I like the speed. I am not sold on the power. He will definitely get on base and run though. If you paid a 2nd round pick for him and got .255-15hr-95r-60rbi-50sb would you be happy? I can't decide but lean towards yes.
      So if that is the expectation by many, then why is he going behind Lindor, Bogaerts, etc? Seems like he should be going ahead of them. Obviously there's a lack of trust in the fantasy community in the continuation of his skills.

Comment

With a 25.6% K rate and an 11.3% infield flyball rate even in his breakout season last year, he has a lot of possible batting average regression. He's BABIP numbers the last couple of years have been a bit nuts (.360 and .373). I know his speed helps, but I doubt anything that high is sustainable. However, if he keeps up the BB rate, he can still steal a ton of bases even if he hits .250, and it isn't like the Brewers have any reason not to trot him out there every day.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          So if that is the expectation by many, then why is he going behind Lindor, Bogaerts, etc? Seems like he should be going ahead of them. Obviously there's a lack of trust in the fantasy community in the continuation of his skills.
          That's part, for sure. And there's the ones who were burned by him in Houston. I think cavebird has it nailed, the Brewers are going to run him out there almost every day barring injury, and high in the order. That about assures a floor of 85 runs and 50 SBs. Even if he drops to .240, that's a very valuable floor.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I would take him over Xander but not Lindor. Just too much floor with Lindor. But I think I'm in the minority.

Comment

FWIW, NFBC ADP is currently

Correa
              Villar
              Seager
              Bogaerts
              Lindor
              Story

My current rank is

Villar
              Lindor
              Correa
              Seager
              Bogaerts
              Story
              Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I would take him over Xander but not Lindor. Just too much floor with Lindor. But I think I'm in the minority.

I am taking him over both Xander and Lindor.

Comment

And the fantasy community appears to be correct. When Villar comes back, looks like he's going into a time-share with Sogard.

Comment

And the fantasy community appears to be correct. When Villar comes back, looks like he's going into a time-share with Sogard.
                    Wow, that is quite the fall. Someone in my league just traded for him, and gave up an expiring Altuve for him on a $5 deal. I guess he still believed he'd be a great keeper, but a time share shows a lack of faith in from his own team. Not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Wow, that is quite the fall. Someone in my league just traded for him, and gave up an expiring Altuve for him on a $5 deal. I guess he still believed he'd be a great keeper, but a time share shows a lack of faith in from his own team. Not a good sign.
                      The reports I read were that Counsell is going to find ways to play Sogard. Obviously he's playing Villar's position, but others may also be affected (such as Arcia).

Comment

I was scanning the feed from the Brewers game yesterday (I had both SPs) & the Brewers journo's were referring to Sogard as "the Babe" ... yep, he'd be tough to take out of that lineup right now ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

i drafted villar in the second round. im still rooting for him. Free Jonathan Villar!

Comment

And in his first game back off the DL, he's riding the pine in favor of Sogard.

Comment

Working...
                            X