Just for fun...trade Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Dude who wrote that article is a complete buffoon.
    Pretty much.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I love Trout and he is without a doubt a monster talent with a team-friendly contract, but he AIN'T so damn super that teams need to give up 3 or more very good to excellent players.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        I love Trout and he is without a doubt a monster talent with a team-friendly contract, but he AIN'T so damn super that teams need to give up 3 or more very good to excellent players.
        And that is why a trade wont happen. The Angels aren't the Marlins so we wont see a Miggy type deal. Trout is Arte's cash-cow right now. Pujols was suppose to be a draw and he is a shell of his former self and people don't to come to watch him play. Trout is the only guy on the team people will pay to see, even if they aren't winning.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
          Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, Jackie Bradley Jr., Yoan Moncada, Anderson Espinoza, Andrew Benintendi, and Eduardo Rodriguez.

This is silly. Ortiz is retiring so who would drive in fishboy ?

Comment

Trout. If Nats could get Trout on same team as Harper, we would see teams actually have to pitch to Harper. Nats give Giolito, Trea Turner, a couple more lesser prospects. I would be giddy.

Comment

Im sure eldiablo will love this one:

What about Puig, Urias, Montas and Alex Guerrero for Trout?

That give Angels immediate high-profile player return, a major-league ready (albeit injured) player along with a A+++ pitching prospect and a potential future closer or mid-level starter. You could float Joc Pederson instead of Puig but that might be getting too greedy.

Comment

Eyeballing Trout as an 8 WAR player and figuring $8mil/WAR... he's roughly 200mil in surplus value. Plus a premium for his marketability and the fact that 1 8 WAR guy is better than 4 2 WAR guys.

Maybe TEX and BOS have the pieces to get this done.

BOS would have to deal Betts and LAA would have to be happy accepting a bunch of really good prospects (Moncada, Espinosa, Devers, Benintendi). BOS probably has to throw in a good young pitcher or two (Owens or someone like that).

TEX could start with a Mazara/Brinson/Profar combo, but they probably have to throw in Martin Perez or someone else that really hurts their current team.

LAD probably doesn't have the horses without Seager. I don't think Urias/Pederson gets close. Maybe throw in a bunch of their other prospects (Deleon, the Cubans).

I jokingly proposed ATL because what do they care if they give up 9 guys. LAA might like Freeman but he doesn't add much value above his contract. They've got 2 shortstops (Ozzie and Swanson) and 345 pitching prospects. Maybe add in Mallex AND Inciarte. And it's probably still not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  The Dodgers would accept the hell out of that offer. I don't think it's even close to enough for Mike Trout, personally.
                  Agreed. I'd say any deal for Trout begins with Seager and Urias and goes from there. Your post on page 1 might do it .
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Agreed. I'd say any deal for Trout begins with Seager and Urias and goes from there. Your post on page 1 might do it .
                    Im surprised you guys dont think Puig would move the needle significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Im surprised you guys dont think Puig would move the needle significantly.
                      I think he's highly valuable. Just that it is likely that he's an add to Seager and Urias, and not replacing them
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        TEX could start with a Mazara/Brinson/Profar combo, but they probably have to throw in Martin Perez or someone else that really hurts their current team.
                        Even as a Rangers fan, that does not seem like enough. I'd happily do a Mazara/Brinson/Profar/Perez trade for Trout, and have 0 regrets. Perez does not add much here, he's not a high upside pitcher, he maxes out as a ~#4 with his sub 6.0 K rate.

I think the Rangers would have to include Odor before the Angels even started listening.

And either way, I don't see the Angels trading Trout in their own division. Having to play against the best player in baseball, who you traded away, 19 games a year would be too much.

Comment

Bryce Harper and Ryan Zimmerman for Trout and Pujols

Angels get out from Pujols contract, open up enough money to offer Harper obscene dollars. Trout only signed for two years more than Harper.
                          Nationals no longer have to deal with signing Harper, get same level of star under contract. Pujols only signed two years longer than Zimmerman, has been more valuable the last two seasons.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                          X