Just for fun...trade Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for fun...trade Trout

I am 99.999% sure trading Trout would not happen (never say never), at least until near the end of his contract, but what would it take and what team can offer the best return?

Just for fun, I'll start with Boston

Moncada, Devers, Benintendi, Espinosa, Bradley Jr and Carson Smith and also pick up remaining money owed on Hamilton's contract for this year and next.

Potentially fills a lot of glaring holes with Angels having no decent minor leaguers to fill, but pretty much wipes out the Sox farm system.

Cubs- Soler, Alcantrera, Baez and McKinney
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Pirates - Polanco, Bell, Glasnow or Taillon
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Pirates - Polanco, Bell, Glasnow or Taillon
        This is the closest to something that would work. You have to have a headliner like Polanco for a realistic trade.

Comment

I prolly woundt have done my Cubs offer either, after further review.

I would do the Pirates offer if I was LA.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Cubs- Soler, Alcantrera, Baez and McKinney
            In the Angels thread, I posted this earlier today...

Cubs can offer Gleyber Torres, Jorge Soler, Javier Baez, Ian Happ and Billy McKinney for Mike Trout.

Comment

Freddie freeman, Teheran, Dansby Swanson, Wisler, Newcombe, Mallex Smith and a couple more good prospects

Comment

Franco, Nola, JP Crawford, Williams, Thompson...

But that would set the team back a couple of years even with Trout on it, so why do it?
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
                  I am 99.999% sure trading Trout would not happen (never say never), at least until near the end of his contract, but what would it take and what team can offer the best return?

Just for fun, I'll start with Boston

[B]Moncada, Devers, Benintendi, Espinosa, Bradley Jr and Carson Smith and also pick up remaining money owed on Hamilton's contract for this year and next.

Potentially fills a lot of glaring holes with Angels having no decent minor leaguers to fill, but pretty much wipes out the Sox farm system.
                  I would do this if I ran anaheim.

Comment

None of these proposed deals are anywhere close to what Trout is actually worth. The problem with the Boston deal is you're still 5 years away from competing, same with Atlanta, same with Pittsburgh. And as ELD pointed out, Trout's contract is so team friendly at this point that alone, it should bring 2 good prospects. And prospects are just that, prospects...nothing guaranteed.

Anaheim is a mediocre team that's suffering right now from an injury bug, and dealing away all good prospects to stay in the race. So they retrench, do what they can on the scouting front and on the International scene while they still can. And maybe make a play for guys that have had a fall, but still have talent. Try to buy Rusney Castillo for dimes on the dollar, see what you can do with him. And there are other reclamation projects out there as well if you shop carefully.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

If they don't deal Trout, they simply won't compete. I mean, come on, let's get serious here.

The Angels pitching is a shambles - Richards is essentially lost for two seasons, Weaver is toast, Heaney is trending toward at least two lost seasons, Shoemaker's a wreck, Wilson is almost as toasted as Weaver. That leaves Tropeano, who's a nice 3/4 on a pitching staff that's even half decent. Their minor league pitching is a whole lot of nothing. There's no one better than Tropeano in the system, and only one or two who might be as good as him in the deep minors.

The hitting boasts of black holes at 1b, 2b, and one OF slot. Catcher is manned by Soto and a black hole. DH is manned by a formerly great hitter in great decline and a crippling contract. SS is great defensively but not good on offense. And there's no help in the minors for years.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

If Mike Trout became available, what's the best package every team could offer right now?
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          If they don't deal Trout, they simply won't compete. I mean, come on, let's get serious here.

The Angels pitching is a shambles - Richards is essentially lost for two seasons, Weaver is toast, Heaney is trending toward at least two lost seasons, Shoemaker's a wreck, Wilson is almost as toasted as Weaver. That leaves Tropeano, who's a nice 3/4 on a pitching staff that's even half decent. Their minor league pitching is a whole lot of nothing. There's no one better than Tropeano in the system, and only one or two who might be as good as him in the deep minors.

The hitting boasts of black holes at 1b, 2b, and one OF slot. Catcher is manned by Soto and a black hole. DH is manned by a formerly great hitter in great decline and a crippling contract. SS is great defensively but not good on offense. And there's no help in the minors for years.
                          Like when Ralph Kiner wanted a raise from the Pirates and was told, "We finished eighth with you, we can finish eighth without you."

Comment

Dude who wrote that article is a complete buffoon.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

One thing to remember is that Arte Moreno is very involved in this team and appears to have a pretty big ego based on how he has handled things over the last few years. He needs to draw 3 million fans a yr. He wants a new stadium. He can opt out of the current lease in a few years. With no marquee name like Trout, it will be hard to get what he wants and to sell tickets to a new stadium which I would assume would have higher ticket prices going along with it. Arte has put himself in a bad spot with this stadium issue no resolved. He has arguably the best player in the sport and a crappy team to support him which means missing the playoffs yet again. Fans in this area will not continue to support a team like this if it is not winning and does not have a marquee name or two. Fans have to many other options to spend there discretionary income in the area.

Though it wont happen, I still think Boston could be one of a few teams to help the most for current and future.

From the above article

Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, Jackie Bradley Jr., Yoan Moncada, Anderson Espinoza, Andrew Benintendi, and Eduardo Rodriguez.

Took Owens out and added in Eduardo. This is what it could take for the Angels and Boston would be stupid IMO to give up all that because other than Trout, they have nothing much to fill in the gaps with and they are losing Ortiz and have an aging 2nd baseman and no pitching at AAA. Angels would have to add a player or two and have Boston take Hamilton's remaining salary. Still, a deal for Trout would just simply be too difficult to work because the Angels would want the world and rightfully so.

Comment

Working...
                              X