No announcement yet.

AJ Pollock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read that Hale is going to let Brito get most of the starts in CF.

Comment

I guess this entrenches Yasmany Tomas in LF.

If Owings is getting LHP starts in CF, does that impact anyone on the IF?

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 04-02-2016, 11:32 PM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Tomas is still on thin ice - the fact that they've been giving Drury a bunch of action in LF at the end of the spring makes you think he might be an option at some point

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          Tomas is still on thin ice - the fact that they've been giving Drury a bunch of action in LF at the end of the spring makes you think he might be an option at some point
          What makes Arizona playing time so difficult to figure out is that seemingly everyone on that team hit the hell out of the ball this spring.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            What makes Arizona playing time so difficult to figure out is that seemingly everyone on that team hit the hell out of the ball this spring.
            True, although Tomas' gaudy BA came with absolutely no power which is not a good sign for how poor of a defender he is. The DBacks blogfolk are already writing him off as a sunk cost.

Comment

I don't understand why they would start Drury in LF since he has never played a single game in the OF in the minors. Wouldn't it make more sense to promote O'Brien if they are going to replace Tomas at some point. And if I have this right doesn't Peralta normally play LF and Tomas plays RF?

Comment

No, they finally realized that Tomas is a poor defender and moved him to LF. Peralta was moved to RF this spring.

And if the organization has no issues with Chris Owings playing CF after just one LF start in the minors 5 years ago and playing Tomas at 3B last year when he was typically an OFer in Cuba, we have to assume that they would be OK with Drury playing in the OF.

My gut still tells me that the D-Backs will sign someone like Michael Bourn (once he clears waivers) because it seems like something Dave Stewart would do (even though Brito seems to be much better than him at this point).

Comment

Bourn has use as a 4th/5th OF. With Pollock gone so long it would be a reasonable move.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                  X