AJ Pollock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Pollock

Grabbed his elbow in pain. I'm starting to think this could be a very bad (multi-month) problem.

Well, that's gonna suck big time...

Steve Berthiaume ‏@BertDbacks 2m2 minutes ago

AJ Pollock tonight fractured his right elbow and will require surgery. #Dbacks don't know timeline for return.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Holy shit

Comment

Devastating to my fantasy team. But will be fascinating to see Dave Stewart's next move.

Any word on length of absence for Pollock yet?

Comment

He went for $58 in our 12-team NL auction last night. Ugh.....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
            He went for $58 in our 12-team NL auction last night. Ugh.....
            Not to you, I hope.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I have him for $10 in the last year of his contract in my NL only 5x5.

Our draft is tomorrow. We have a mulligan at draft time. This means we can drop or add a player back that we dropped at roster freeze time. I could drop Pollack and get $10 added back to my salary.

I am wondering if I could get him back with a new 3 year contract for a reasonable price, $20?

I am also wondering if I should just let him go and get some stats elsewhere. Is half a season (if that is what it turns out to be) of Pollack better than a $10 player I can get at this auction?

Thoughts?

Comment

If the remainder of your keeper list looks like a team that can win, I'd avoid Pollock and spend the money elsewhere, especially if you think he'll go for 20.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I am wondering if I could get him back with a new 3 year contract for a reasonable price, $20?
                  If there is a team or two in your auction that is in a clear rebuilding mode this season, then probably no.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I am also wondering if I should just let him go and get some stats elsewhere. Is half a season (if that is what it turns out to be) of Pollack better than a $10 player I can get at this auction?
                  If he's out for half the season, then for the $11 or $12 investment (your $10 Pollack + his replacement), I'd keep Pollack (especially given the alternatives in the NL outfield)

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Not to you, I hope.
                    Thankfully no (to another RJer though) but I was in on the bidding. This league has beyond crazy inflation (long running keeper with deep farm systems & multiple rebuilding teams every year) so we had 2 players cross $60 (Goldy & Rizzo) and many, many others go north of $50.

Comment

Any fracture takes about six weeks to heal. This is true whether you have surgery or just a splint. If the pieces of broken bone can be stabilized in surgery or are stable on their own, early motion and therapy can prevent stiffness, but therapy is usually required on top of the bone healing time. Therefore count on about three months of total healing and rehabilitation time to recover from an elbow fracture.

If you have an elbow injury or know someone with an elbow fracture, this article reviews some of the most frequent questions about broken bones in the elbow.

Comment

He was kept in two of my keeper leagues. Bad timing for teams already drafted him or have him on a freeze roster. The big question is how long will he out? 1-2 months? Half season? Longer?

Comment

confirming if needed

Arizona Diamondbacks ‏@Dbacks 9h9 hours ago

Chip Hale says A.J. Pollock suffered a fractured right elbow and will require surgery.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I bet it hurts like hell.
                            As for keeper leagues, it's always annoying giving the rebuilders a foundation like that to start on.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                              He was kept in two of my keeper leagues. Bad timing for teams already drafted him or have him on a freeze roster. The big question is how long will he out? 1-2 months? Half season? Longer?
                              While in the minors, he missed all of the 2010 season with a fracture in the same elbow. Ironically, he injured it in late March, needed surgery and was expected to miss just 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X