NL keeper list due today - Michael Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
    If it is a keeper league, I agree with JC, hope that you can get him for $7, but expect to pay closer to $10 to $12
    Yes. And NL OF is a wasteland with a paucity of strong options, so guys with upside and PT issues will probably go for a few more dollars than they should.

Comment

If you are confident he earns $6 this year, extending him is a no brainer to me, because if he plays well enough to earn that in limited ABs this year, chances are the Nationals will let Revere go after the season, clearing a path to full time work for Taylor in 2017, making him a steal at $6.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        If you are confident he earns $6 this year, extending him is a no brainer to me, because if he plays well enough to earn that in limited ABs this year, chances are the Nationals will let Revere go after the season, clearing a path to full time work for Taylor in 2017, making him a steal at $6.
        Isn't Werth signed through 2017? That would letting $21 mil walk out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          Isn't Werth signed through 2017? That would letting $21 mil walk out the door.
          Taylor can play CF--quite well, actually. Revere is only signed for this year (he is arb elg in 2017). So Revere could end up elsewhere, but are stuck with Werth.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-24-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Missed that. And feeling better that I have Taylor for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              In my NL only 5x5 I have him at $10 going into his second year. I can play him out in 2017 or give him raises a $5 per year. I am keeping him.

I got a phone call last night from another owner that was throwing out names to trade for him. He threw out an $8 and done Matt Duffy. It may not be legitimate as he can sometimes want more when we actually get into the trade.

From my end I am tempted, but kind of want to see what happens with Taylor. I have had him for 4 or 5 years.
              I'd certainly poke at the offer for Duffy. If it's legitimate, I'd snap Duffy up n a minute
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Taylor can play CF--quite well, actually. Revere is only signed for this year (he is arb elg in 2017). So Revere could end up elsewhere, but are stuck with Werth.
                Is there any chance that Taylor is on the cusp of a Carlos Gomez-type breakout? I know I'm on the ledge here, but I'm considering a two year extension for Taylor (through the end of 2018), taking his salary from $2 to $12. It's a gamble, and if I'm wrong, I would just release the contract (at a real cost of $25, that I care little about)...but the risk is the $10 (or $5, because I'm highly likely to extend him at least one season) in extra auction salary that could be used elsewhere, this season.
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                  Is there any chance that Taylor is on the cusp of a Carlos Gomez-type breakout? I know I'm on the ledge here, but I'm considering a two year extension for Taylor (through the end of 2018), taking his salary from $2 to $12. It's a gamble, and if I'm wrong, I would just release the contract (at a real cost of $25, that I care little about)...but the risk is the $10 (or $5, because I'm highly likely to extend him at least one season) in extra auction salary that could be used elsewhere, this season.
                  I don't think this is much of a risk. I would go to $12 easily if I still had a decent amount of money to spend at auction.

Comment

Working...
                  X